+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you, your children & your grand-children can't put down a phone or Computer game

I'm Adrian.

Default Why you, your children & your grand-children can't put down a phone or Computer game

I came across this article below and the other two which are linked to from it. This came about from looking at https://tboneburnett.com/the-tech-in...s-war-on-kids/, some of you may be aware of his recent album that is The Invisible Light(which is an interesting listen), the album is the first in a planned trilogy about technology and its impact on humanity. His web-site has links to various articles which discuss aspects of technology and human discoveries and their impacts on us as human beings. The cynical may view that Mr. Burnett has in fact hooked into a clever way to gain interest and advertise his trilogy, however I hope that his motives are more honourable, I will leave you to decide on that

As some of you know I have worked in the IT industry for many years, I also have an interest in AI(Artificial Intelligence) for several reasons, it is very easy to under-estimate its power, and like all things man-made can be used for good or bad.

I thought some of you facing the issues raised by the article and might find it helpful in understanding what we as simple human beings and consumers are up against. If you think simple advertising on radio, TV, and any other media is bad, then think again, what is being discussed here is effectively subliminal grooming.

https://medium.com/@richardnfreed/th...s-c452870464ce

http://captology.stanford.edu

https://www.boundless.ai
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Very interesting, Adrian. As you may already know, from what I've written many times here on the subject of subliminal brainwashing, by the establishment/elite, through various avenues, none of this is a surprise to me!

I'll comment more later.

Marco.

I'm Grant.

I don't have TV so I'm safe
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

You're already terminally daft, so it doesn't matter!

Marco.

I'm Adam.

I got halfway through the article and then got bored by the conspiracy theorist twaddle, but I hadn't yet encountered the phrases "responsible parenting" or "limiting screen time" in reference to the child mentioned at the start.

Did these appear in the second half?
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I got halfway through the article and then got bored by the conspiracy theorist twaddle...
    More like reality, than twaddle... Or are you one of those folk who prefers burying their head in the sand and pretending that the 'powers that be' are all lovely people, who have our best interests at heart, rather than facing up to what more likely equates to the truth?

I frequently find that's the case with those who arrogantly dismiss valid information, much of which is based upon fact, as "twaddle", simply because it doesn't suit their belief system.

Marco.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I got halfway through the article and then got bored by the conspiracy theorist twaddle, but I hadn't yet encountered the phrases "responsible parenting" or "limiting screen time" in reference to the child mentioned at the start.

Did these appear in the second half?
    I read the whole of the first article and agree it's a lot about nothing. backed up by nothing but anecdotes and generalisations.

Not sure why youngsters spending time on computer games and social media today is any more of an issue from when I was a youth and the big 'dangers' were... computer games, or maybe hanging around with your mates outside the shops.

Sure you could go down the park and kick a football about but that isn't going to get you the skills you need for life or a job either and it's not exercising the brain any more than a video game - less probably - yet children have been doing that for centuries.

Just bollox from someone trying to flog his book to parents who are taking it all way too seriously.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

So you don't believe that both the behaviour of adults and children can be surreptitiously manipulated and controlled by what's being drip-fed to them via today's technological devices, smartphones being but one example?

Then I'm sorry, you're blind, and we'll have to grossly agree to disagree. One day, in the not too distant future, when what's being reported fully comes to fruition, yours (and Adam's) stubborn blinkered-ness will sadly be exposed for what it is

Sometimes the TRUTH is uncomfortable.

Marco.

I'm Grant.

It can be an issue, but mostly it is due to poor parenting. You need to be firm on the type and ammount of exposure they get. Some parents are worse than the kids tbh.
    A bit like eating, a mix of everything is healthier than anything 24/7
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So you don't believe that both the behaviour of adults and children can be surreptitiously manipulated and controlled by what's being drip-fed to them via today's technological devices, smartphones being but one example?

Our behavior is manipulated and controlled by every influence we are subjected to from the moment of conception. It is what creates out personalities. Do you not wonder why you don't like some types of food for example? That's not your decision, you have no control over it, it's a result of external forces acting upon you.

Indeed all of your likes, dislikes, habits, hobbies etc are the result of external influences. Your entire personality is the result of external influences. Technological devices are just another external influence and they work exactly the same as all the other influences that have been around since Noah was lad.

The bloke's whole theory is banal in the extreme.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast