+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Khadas Tone Board DAC

I'm Andrew.

Default Khadas Tone Board DAC

I recently bought this DAC from Bournendboy and have been waiting for the Allophonics case to arrive. But being impatient I decided to put it in my kitchen system anyway . HAve to say I have only used DAC Digi Hats in the past on Raspberry Pi units (JustBoom , HifiBerry) and using Max2play these have worked well in various other sytems with stand alone DAC's in them .

As the Khadas just plugs straight in to the USB on a Pi and then a very quick setup on Max2play to change the Audioplayer card (drop down menu option to Khadas) and it takes the power from this connection as well this does offer a very small and cheap option as a streaming front end.

Before buying this on spec I did not know too much about the Khadas well all I can sya is that it sounds wonderful very detailed , neutral and to musical . Instuments and especially acoustic ones have a real timbre and decay in their notes with the pesence of the soundbody on a guitar being easy to identify. I am shocked at just how good this sounds , when the case arrives I will be swopping it out in other systems I have and seeing how it performs with a wider range of equipment .

I'm Bill.

Good to hear it's working well for you Andrew
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    Good to hear it's working well for you Andrew
    Oh Bill it is so much better than that . I really do like it and as I say will be whizzing it around the house to try in my other systems . Looking forward to be able to hear with my active KEF 103 speakers. Thanks for a very easy transaction .

I'm Steve.

Can it be used as a stand alone DAC? i.e. no computer, just power and a digital input source such as RCA out of a DVD player or similar?
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Alan.

Yes it can.

+ Reply to Thread