+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mains regenerator

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Bloody 'ell he's got two pairs! House clearance dream!
    She wishes . . . no, she really does. However I've cut down massively on my cleaning of car parts in the sink so I've got a small amount left in the understanding spouse bank. Fast running out though I sense . . . I wouldn't live with me, I'll put it that way.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    63s are electrostatic panel speakers like 57s
    Indeed, the 57's are currently boxed up after a full refurbishment though. Have only made it out for testing purposes.

I've fondled with the idea of selling them a few times but I just can't bring myself to do it. The 63's are the more well rounded speaker but the 57's just have an inner mid-range beauty the likes of which I've never heard.

Plus they make your undies stand on end when you're drying them on top!
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm Mike.

Bloody hell this thing is big, I put it on the kitchen worktop, couldn't find anywhere else! Well puts out a steady 230v, with fluctuations of 0.2-0.5v. Great! Got all my kit hooked upto it apart from the TT which has its own Project speedbox. Sounds a bit better I think , but then my system always did at night, give it a few days......
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

Good stuff. Yup they are an odd shape so keep box in case u sell it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Back to the original posters heading,
    Proper Mains regenerator's are themselve's power amplifiers, therefore, depending on the type of configuration [class A, AB1, AB2, B, and so on] can be very wasteful if left on continuously.
    The best versions also have the ability to set the output frequency to pretty much anything, within reason, however; you still need to know how much wattage your likely to want to pull from the unit, again, its a power amplifier, so; if your equipment needs a few hundred watts, then that's basicaly what the regenerator output has to supply, on the other hand; if it needs in excess of a few thousand watts, then, well, i think you know where i am coming from.
    Just my ramblings, i see there is another post in the sale's section looking for one, and for obvious reasons i couldnt comment in there.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12