+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: AKG P8ES Supernova VdH II

I'm Stephen.

Default FS: AKG P8ES Supernova VdH II

I bought this NOS IN 2011. Sent it to the AKG meister himself for checking - as you see from the photo of the receipt it tested as new suspension.
    I bought it to go in my SME 3009 II / TD150 study system. In truth I have played less than 50 sides over the years as just never got used.

In the SME arm setup notes they “recommend” either the Shure V15 or this AKG.
    Pretty rare to find them for sale now but I know I won’t use it so someone else may enjoy.

£160 including special delivery to UK. Happy to ship internationally with appropriate carriage fee.

Paypal FF

PM if interested
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm Charlie.

PM sent
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Stephen.

Replied
    Always a little further

I'm Stephen.

SOLD STP
    Always a little further

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The AKG P8ES was a 'sleeper'; probably because they weren't in production for that long. IMO, they were one of the best MMs ever made. I had two: one was loaned to a friend, who later claimed to have 'lost it' (Hmmm! ); the second I'm keeping as it really is that good.
    Barry

I'm Stephen.

SOLD
    Always a little further

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The AKG P8ES was a 'sleeper'; probably because they weren't in production for that long. IMO, they were one of the best MMs ever made. I had two: one was loaned to a friend, who later claimed to have 'lost it' (Hmmm! ); the second I'm keeping as it really is that good.
    Totally agree - really excellent MM.
    Just got to rationalise my kit and only keep the stuff I use or am likely to use.
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread