+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Dorado?

I'm Neds.

Default The Return of Dorado?

Hi all. Currently the new owner of a (used) Caiman SEG. I've been ploughing through all of the posts to check out upgrades and mods. Is Stan ever going to produce more Dorado's, or is it the end of an era?
    Cheers
    Neds

I'm Chris.

Wondering exact same thing myself Ian.

I put off getting one for ages, then when I went to purchase, the cupboard was bare!

Typical . . . (from me).
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

Best email me so that I know who exactly is after a Dorado. I have a few left.
    The problem I have is that when I set the price of the Dorado, which was slightly above cost, I didn't count on the £ losing so much of its value. So my manufacturing costs have gone up. But even at the low price of £60 plus postage etc I was still getting people complain that it is expensive.

I'm Neds.

Thanks Stan. I couldn’t understand why they’d disappeared from your website, but this explains it. I’ll contact you forthwith!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    The problem I have is that when I set the price of the Dorado, which was slightly above cost, I didn't count on the £ losing so much of its value. So my manufacturing costs have gone up. But even at the low price of £60 plus postage etc I was still getting people complain that it is expensive.
    People complain Stan ? obviously not heard the SEG powered by a Dorado.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Alan.

Hi Stan,

I would like to purchase a Dorado if you still have one.
    I have sent you a pm.
    Thanks,
    Alan
    Sony PS-6750 Turntable, Sony CDP-X555ES CD Player, Sansui TU-717 Tuner, Vortexbox Music Server, Caiman SEG DAC with LDA Linear PSU, Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Accuphase E-302 Integrated Amplifier, PMC GB1i Speakers, MG G2000HD & G1500HD Interconnects, Van Damme 6mm Hi-Fi Speaker Cables.

Bedroom system: Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Quad FM4 Tuner, DCB-1 Turbo with Acoustic Dimensions switched attenuator, Quad 306 Amplifier, Rega RS1 Speakers. TV & DVD, Caiman MKII DAC with Baldwin Audio Linear PSU. MG G1500HD Interconnects, Fisual S-Flex 4mm Speaker Cables.

Back Bedroom Work Bench: Denon TU-260L Mk2 Tuner, Denon PMA-355UK Amplifier, Mission 780SE Speakers.

I'm Norman.

Hi Stan, I also would like to purchase a Dorado and if possible a Linear PS to suit. Might as well have the upgrade chip please.
    PM on it's way

Regards Norman

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
    Rosewood LP12 Lingo, Ittok LVIII, AT OC9/III, Pioneer N-50A Streamer, Beresford Caimen SEG, Yamaha CD-N301 CD/ Streamer.Puresound T10 & P10, Audio Synthesis Passion Ultimate passive preamp, Audio Synthesis Decade amp. Canor TP10 Headphone amp. Pair MF P150 amps
    Linn Keildh, Hiquphon Tweeter upgrade.With Kustone bases
    Solid core Silver interconnects. Silver plated solid core copper interconnects, KLE Silver and Neutrik plugs and K400 biwire cable. Norstone Bergen 2 table
    Mission Isoplat (anyone remember them?)Synology DS215 , Beyerdynamic DT 990's, ADL GT40 Alpha for ADC Duties.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Those people need their heads checked
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Neds.

Hi Stan. Any progress on this please?
    Cheers
    Neds

I'm Francisco.

Hi Stan, I would buy the Dorado, (I want a few of them), for the necessary price. If it must be a litle more expensive, so be it, allow me to say it.
    I don't expect miracles, one must accept the reality. It will be more expensive, but not expensive...
    For those who say Dorado is expensive : we can not expect to have omelette without eggs. If I can buy, I can buy, if I can't buy, I can't buy! There are so many things I can't buy, but not necessarilly because they are expensive! Uff...! No offence... Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast