+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Dorado?

I'm Dave.

Have you contacted Stan direct to enquire in case he's not been on AOS ? details on his web page Beresford Audio
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Neds.

Yes, I’ve PM’d Stan, but no reply so far. I’m not as familiar with his ways as some of you lot are! I did tell him that it’s my birthday next week.................!

I'm Dave.

Ring Stan details on his web page I listed above.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Julian.

I think a keenly priced 5V Dorado could have done well for Stan.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Andy.

Surely it would make sense just to raise the price Stan? At least people can make a considered judgement on whether to buy or not . Plus you are missing out on new customers who would not know the old cost anyway and could also be losing sales on Caimen SEG as they are not available. I for one would buy another Dorado
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Best email me so that I know who exactly is after a Dorado. I have a few left.
    The problem I have is that when I set the price of the Dorado, which was slightly above cost, I didn't count on the £ losing so much of its value. So my manufacturing costs have gone up. But even at the low price of £60 plus postage etc I was still getting people complain that it is expensive.
    I had to chuckle about Stans Statement "People Complain Its Expensive" all I can say is your in the wrong Hobby HiFi is expensive for good quality, period
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Neds.

Seems like the wind of Dorado has blown hot then cold.......

Guys, I am busy with quite a few family and Brexit related issues right now. It's taking up valuable time. So don't expect much or any responses from me for a while.

What I can say at the moment is that the current version of the Dorado is sold out completely. So I am working on another batch.
    I have done a slight redesign of the internals for the MKII version. This includes the inclusion of a RF filter circuit, so that the Dorado can be used with your existing 12V or 15V SMPSU, instead of you having to buy the Dorado charger.

Stan

I'm Neds.

Hi Stan. I suspected you were busy. Good luck with all that and hope to hear some news in the near future.
    Cheers
    Neds

I finally found a source for some parts that will go in the Dorado MKII. It's to allow the Dorado to be used with a switch mode power supply, such as the existing 12V one that ships with the standard SEG. It's also required for the eventual Pi version of the Dorado, since many of them are sold with a 5V SMPS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast