+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: END GAME?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I will accept the purity of the Wire as a explanation, as OCC Cable whether it be PCOCC or PUOCC, the differences only being the Country with the Licensed Factory, I believe Japan and Taiwan.
    I have listened to OFC and Pure Silver in both DIY and Branded,
    as well as OCC DIY and Branded Copper and Silver.
    The OCC have captured my attention, and I can't deny that in the systems the OCC have been used, I lean toward the wire type as the most suitable in both metals.
    You should get yourself up here for a Listen John. Cable comparisons are kind of my thing!

Angus will be listening to this full UPOCC system (cable terms) on Thursday, and I am sure he will report back.

I'm John.

I have it in mind Ollie, I have contected Barrington about a meet during the December Holidays.
    I was going to bring a few goodies over to him to have a audition with.
    He has been quiet on the Subject, we can divert the venue to your place if that suits.

I'm Ian.

I wish you guys would stop it - I've tried to forget my Neurochrome experience and now you are tempting me back

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I have it in mind Ollie, I have contected Barrington about a meet during the December Holidays.
    I was going to bring a few goodies over to him to have a audition with.
    He has been quiet on the Subject, we can divert the venue to your place if that suits.
    Unfortunately, December is the end of critical listening here, as the Christmas tree takes over for the month

I got away with it a little last year as the tree started to Die. However we have an artificial one this year. No escaping a full 31 days of it.

It will have to be sometime in January onwards.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    I wish you guys would stop it - I've tried to forget my Neurochrome experience and now you are tempting me back
    You can't have the Neurochrome preamp back now!!! Lol

I have to say, if you'd stuck a Khozmo relay attenuator in there, you would never have sold it.

Again, you are welcome to come and see what it's doing in my system.

Tom's doing a Buffer board which is really Interesting. He says it can be used as a preamp.

I will be getting one.

I'm Deleted.

Ah, well you probably don’t want to hear about my friends experience with his Khozmo relay attenuator - three repairs is enough for anyone.
    Account Deleted

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Ah, well you probably don’t want to hear about my friends experience with his Khozmo relay attenuator - three repairs is enough for anyone.
    Your friend's Is the one I bought and I knew all about it going back for repair.

Suppose you have something that's even better, or your system doesn't respond to changes in attenuator?

Any road, you haven't answered my question about the cable. I tagged you in, in hope you won't miss it?

I'm Chris.

Glad you are generally finding improvements with one form of contact vs the next, as there is far more to passive attenuation than we first realise.

Moving further forward still, there are other forms that escape the use of contacts altogether to explore after that'.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Glad you are generally finding improvements with one form of contact vs the next, as there is far more to passive attenuation than we first realise.

Moving further forward still, there are other forms that escape the use of contacts altogether to explore after that'.
    Really? You must tell us about them some time.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Unfortunately, December is the end of critical listening here, as the Christmas tree takes over for the month

I got away with it a little last year as the tree started to Die. However we have an artificial one this year. No escaping a full 31 days of it.

It will have to be sometime in January onwards.
    Hah ! Same here . Christmas tree goes up 1st December and stays up for more than a month

Luckily I have my own listening space
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast