+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: END GAME?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    No problem but my life is easier when folks make their own lol.
    What, assumptions or cables?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    What, assumptions or cables?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Lmao,

Cables!!

Bigman80 Guest

Alan has kindly dome some measurements.

"First off some standard 2.5 mm sq figure 8 that's buried in the wall. Resistance 7.2 milliohm per meter. Capacitance 107p/meter.

Second the 2.5 mm sq OCC cable. Resistance 7.8 milliohm per meter. Capacitance 55p/meter.

Third the new Dream 2.63 mm sq OCC cable. Resistance 8.3 milliohm per meter. Capacitance 40p/meter.

Capacitance is conductor to conductor. All measurements done at 1KHz"

Thanks for this Alan.

I'm going to try and get some 4mm2 cable measured. Just for interest.

I'm John.

I can see from the measurements why these cables with the lowest PF will have benefited the 57's, as they are reported on as being sensitive to cable capacitance and the lower the PF is a better interface.

I have picked up subtle differences when using OCC as a Interconnect, so this may be contributing as well to the perceived improvement on the performance as well.

I am slowly going over to all OCC as Interconnects, is a Graphene Coated OCC,
    the Cable that will replace my Mapleshade Clearview Excalibur Digital Ribbon ?
    will it replace my Mapleshade Clearview Double Helix Speaker Cable ? this one was put through thorough trials to get its place.
    Is the Graphene coated Cable the new Cable on the Block ?
    Can it bring the OCC Cable to another level ?
    Will it as a treatment remove the need for cryogenic treated cables.

I recently chose a Zavfino 1877 Din Plug Phono Cable over all other cables at a DIN Plug Phono Cable Bake Off.
    As the Zavfino carries the 1877 Affix, I am assuming with my new understanding that this is a Graphene Coated OCC Cable.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I can see from the measurements why these cables with the lowest PF will have benefited the 57's, as they are reported on as being sensitive to cable capacitance and the lower the PF is a better interface.

I have picked up subtle differences when using OCC as a Interconnect, so this may be contributing as well to the perceived improvement on the performance as well.

I am slowly going over to all OCC as Interconnects, is a Graphene Coated OCC,
    the Cable that will replace my Mapleshade Clearview Excalibur Digital Ribbon ?
    will it replace my Mapleshade Clearview Double Helix Speaker Cable ? this one was put through thorough trials to get its place.
    Is the Graphene coated Cable the new Cable on the Block ?
    Can it bring the OCC Cable to another level ?
    Will it as a treatment remove the need for cryogenic treated cables.

I recently chose a Zavfino 1877 Din Plug Phono Cable over all other cables at a DIN Plug Phono Cable Bake Off.
    As the Zavfino carries the 1877 Affix, I am assuming with my new understanding that this is a Graphene Coated OCC Cable.
    It is. Its also cryogenic treated

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The Quad 57 speakers present a capacitance to the amplifier of around 2uF. An additional 500pF due to the speaker cable is hardly going to make a lot of difference.
    Barry

I'm John.

Well if Alan's 57's were not improved by the Cable Diameter changing by ?,
    or by the change in PF measurement? or the OCC Wire?, or the Graphene Coating on the wire?,
    or the cryogenic treatment?
    Then it can only be Ollie's cable building skills and the 'Phenomena' that is the positive energy he imparts into the Cables he produces.
    As he said, his charge is standard and not exclusive for that special service

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I make the majority of all my cables, and have found that those assembled under the light of a full moon benefit the most.
    Barry

Bigman80 Guest

Well if Alan's 57's were not improved by the Cable Diameter changing by ?,
    or by the change in PF measurement? or the OCC Wire?, or the Graphene Coating on the wire?,
    or the cryogenic treatment?
    Then it can only be Ollie's cable building skills and the 'Phenomena' that is the positive energy he imparts into the Cables he produces.
    As he said, his charge is standard and not exclusive for that special service
    Hahahaha, I love that. Unfortunately it's not my skills as I didn't build them lol.

Theres certainly been a direct correlation between conducter and dialectic in the comparisons I have done and when the opportunity to try the Graphene ones came up, it had to happen.

Copper purity will be a factor too.

In my opinion, the major contribution to the sound quality improvement will be the low capacitance and the pure UP-OCC conductors.

However that doesn't explain the sound difference in my system which whilst I chose my own cables as my favourite, they certainly sounded different to the Spotfire.

Personally, I felt the Dream has a bit more of a linear sound but the Spotfire had more drama and sounded a bit more timbral. Orchestral pieces had girth. Can't live without it.

I love that sound and didn't feel I was missing out, so it's unlikely I'd displace my cables.

However, I did feel the silver plated strands were noticeable, as I experienced it before with some Chord Stuff. Not intrusive but the HF had that silvery extension that you get with silver cables. It sounded very coherent with it, which isn't always the case.

Overall, I think the Dream speaker cables are stunningly absent in influence.
    Last edited by Bigman80; 23-11-2019 at 21:03.

I'm John.

I will accept the purity of the Wire as a explanation, as OCC Cable whether it be PCOCC or PUOCC, the differences only being the Country with the Licensed Factory, I believe Japan and Taiwan.
    I have listened to OFC and Pure Silver in both DIY and Branded,
    as well as OCC DIY and Branded Copper and Silver.
    The OCC have captured my attention, and I can't deny that in the systems the OCC have been used, I lean toward the wire type as the most suitable in both metals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast