+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kralk 30 series

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    What was the amplification then Ali?
    Sorry, can’t remember.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanobsession View Post
    Kralk 30/4 playing in the missing link room , at the audio show , to much bass overblown , not articulate or precise , not to my liking . phil
    Big speakers, 4 way, big bass driver - would need to be decently set up in a fair sized room to do them justice, I'd imagine.
    Depending on the design spec they may well need a grunty amp, too.
    What size room were they in?
    Any photos of the setup?

I'm Deleted.

This is the info for the room supplied by The Missing Link:

This year we have an excellent demo area in Room 10 on the first floor. We have been informed by the organiser that this room has a solid floor for our turntables and we will be showing & demonstrating the very latest version of our custom built Vinyl Passion Turntable fitted with our full range of Modifications for the Linn LP-12 including the much talked about Revolution LP-12 power supply which is a considerable step up from most power supplies on the market today regardless of cost.

We will be demonstrating this at the show complemented with the launch of a New Affordable Pre and power amplifier combination from Vincent Audio
    This will be your chance to be among the very the first to hear the new SA-32 balanced pre amplifier at £800 and the SP-332 150w stereo power amplifier at £1735 with funky retro vu meters ....so do come for an enjoyable listen ..

We are also excited about the official launch of the new Loudspeakers from the legendary Kralk Audio Speaker Company

Of the New 30 Range - the BC 30/4's are the largest of the range at 1.3metres high .. they are 5 way floor standing loudspeakers that will be available exclusively from the Vinyl Passion Music Room... and must be seen and heard !!

We will be using a full Vincent System as usual showing the very finest they have to offer including the Hi Fi World Award Winning 2019 best integrated amplifier Vincent 237MK, an outstanding integrated amplifier that will astonish and at an affordable £1850 offering the very best of valve and solid state in one convenient package - mated with the affordable Audio Detail NV-06 MM/MC Nu-Vista all valve Phono Stage £1195 and the superb value Vincent PHO-701 Phono Stage at £595 .. With luck we should also have the Gold-Note PH10 on demo too !!

We will be using our latest New & Very Exciting ‘Revolution’ Microprocessor Controlled, Turntable Power Supply for the LP-12 - this has been a 5 year project and we have now produced the first 5 finished boards that are being tested by customers and traders who are already astonished at the performance increase this brings to the LP-12 ...at true Revolution of £395. This will go into full production in October this year and will be proudly built in England -

We will have the latest cartridges from Audio Technica and using the ART 9 in our VP12 for demo

Come celebrate music with us on sensibly priced high performance audio equipment at The Audio Show

Please feel free to bring your own vinyl if you would like hear it through our system on the day...

The room was a good size, quite large. When I visited the room they were playing ‘Random Access Memories’ by Daft Punk (on vinyl). The sound exhibited room boom in the bass but also had a hardness and forced quality that made the familiar record almost unrecognisable.
    Account Deleted

I'm Martin.

Here's a pic. Can't make out what the amplification is but there seems to be plenty of space for the speakers to work in so the room can't be to blame. Using a turntable though and there's a lot of things that could be wrong with a turntable set up, lots of variables. Assuming a bad sound is automatically the fault of the speakers is a rookie mistake IMO.

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

So where's the 5th driver in the 5 way design?

Looks a decent setup.
    Biggish Vincent amps should have plenty of poke.

I'm Martin.

Amp review here https://www.vincent-tac.de/fileadmin..._HFW_Oct18.pdf

''One notable feature was obvious but easy-going bass; in fact the sound was so fulsome I did walk over to ensure both tone and loudness were switched out.'
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Deleted.

There are side facing bass drivers.

Personally I wouldn’t ascribe the poor sound to the speakers as I have heard similarly mid/high issues from The Missing Link at other shows with different speakers. The bass problem is very likely to be an interaction between the room and the speakers (though room gain ((boom)) was relatively rare at this show).
    Account Deleted

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    True, but I still only see 4 drivers!
    Or are there 2 opposed bass drivers, differently fed from the x-over?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post

Personally I wouldn’t ascribe the poor sound to the speakers as I have heard similarly mid/high issues from The Missing Link at other shows with different speakers. The bass problem is very likely to be an interaction between the room and the speakers (though room gain ((boom)) was relatively rare at this show).
    That seems unlikely as the room looks to be very big and the speakers are well away from the boundaries.
    Current Lash Up:

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Here's a pic. Can't make out what the amplification is but there seems to be plenty of space for the speakers to work in so the room can't be to blame. Using a turntable though and there's a lot of things that could be wrong with a turntable set up, lots of variables. Assuming a bad sound is automatically the fault of the speakers is a rookie mistake IMO.

If that's an Audio Designs phonostage, I would investigate there first.

One I had here was way off piste tonally. Bloated mids and the bass was just out of control. I'd put large sums of mo ey on the RIAA being inaccurate it was that off kilter.

I'm not saying they are all the same but I'd certainly start any inquiry with that.

For demos, I completely understand why folks use vinyl but if it isn't 100% on point you're on a hiding to nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast