+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kralk 30 series

I'm Phil.

Default New Kralk 30 series

These look very interesting. Seems like they are a step up from the TDB series which I was very impressed by...

https://www.stereonet.co.uk/news/exc...zH1CTZgRyvsSME

I'm gone.

'The all-new Kralk Audio 30 Range is due to be unveiled at The Audio Show, Leamington Spa this weekend'.

I was very impressed by their previous range, as well.

I'm Phil.

30/4 playing in the missing link room , at the audio show , to much bass overblown , not articulate or precise , not to my liking . phil
    Phil.

I'm Andrew.

Kralk is based in Wakefield, he's about 4 miles from where i live. I only just heard about the company.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanobsession View Post
    30/4 playing in the missing link room , at the audio show , to much bass overblown , not articulate or precise , not to my liking . phil
    Could have been a mismatch with the amplifier? From the picture of it I'd guess it need something pretty capable to do it justice.

I had to listen to the old ones through some E.A.R abomination. They still sounded pretty good though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

They were playing them far too loud when I was in there, almost unlistenable.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Martin.

What was the amplification then Ali?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

They're big, they're a three way, they have a midrange dome, they have big bass drivers, the styling is from the cool side of the 'Seventies and you don't have to be an A list Hollywood actor who also made some good investments and had a load of luck on the gee-gees to be able to afford them. What's not to like?

Current Lash Up:

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanobsession View Post
    Yep, I agree - mids were also forced and harsh. Unfortunately this was one of the poorer sounds of the show.
    Account Deleted

I'm Hugo.

It’s a shame that I had very little opportunity to wander around the show, but my stand was in the foyer directly underneath the room with the Kralks and it was very, very loud!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast