+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Kralk 30 series

I'm Dennis.

"It’s always easy to criticise. Have you considered how much work goes in to doing a show within tight timelines, not to mention you are going in to a different sounding room every time. Most hotel rooms are dire sound wise."

Yes of course, but as with many things, there must be a good knowledge and understanding gained from the repeated process.
    Last edited by Pharos; 01-10-2019 at 09:00.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Well like I said, you try it. P
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dennis.

Do you really think that having spent so much time and money on S repro, that I do not try to get the best from it?

I'm Deleted.

There are a bunch of issues when it comes to making a good sound at a show. Two of the more obvious are the need to seat a bunch of people and the fact that all those people are likely to be sat on dining chairs rather than a sofa - so everyone is seated too high. If you have the time (and opportunity) to sit in a number of different seating positions you often find the sound quite profoundly changes* - the same is true if you slump rather than sit upright. Of course the demonstrator can choose to have fewer chairs in the room but that means many will not sit and will choose to stand - an even worse sounding proposition.

* Sitting with a number of people in front of you is far from ideal but sitting in the front row is very rarely the best place to sit either. The best place is often in the second, third or fourth row, dead centre but with nobody sat in front of you - not always easy to achieve (though that is precisely what I managed when I heard the KralK 30s at Leamington Spa).
    Account Deleted

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Do you really think that having spent so much time and money on S repro, that I do not try to get the best from it?
    Who said you didn’t?

We were talking about setting up for shows, not using your own system at home. The two are very different propositions. For instance- have you ever moved house and had to set your system up again in a new room? Did you get an optimal sound within an hour or two??
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dennis.

When moving house I have found that the last thing on my mind is the Hi-Fi setup.
    And yes, I have several times, but I have chosen the new place substantially on it projected suitability for sound, and later after the move I then pay attention to its optimisation.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Exactly my point, it takes time!

There is always too much to do and limited time to do it when setting up for a show. It’s a lot of work, exactly how much I don’t think most people realise until they do it for themselves. We do the best we can in the time we have, and I’m pleased to say we usually get a lot of favourable comments on the sound we get, but then I think we are a bit more careful than most. Room treatment is a big help too.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dennis.

I've just remembered that I helped set up the Cymbol stand at the '97 Penta show, so I do have some experience.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

LOL ok.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I've just remembered that I helped set up the Cymbol stand at the '97 Penta show, so I do have some experience.
    Oh boy! That sounds like hard work.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast