+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Kralk 30 series

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    ... and many audiophiles appear to actively like the bass hump that room gain can give.

Dat's me you talkin' 'bout.

I still don't know why the 30/4 is a 5-way speaker.
    OK, 5 drivers, but surely the 2 bass drivers come from the same x-over feed?
    My MBLs are 6 driver, 4 way. I bet the Kralks are 5 driver 4-way.

I'm Deleted.

It’s not a five way Jerry, some cock up in the quoted description - Kralk call it a four way (five drive units).
    Account Deleted

I'm gone.

Ah, OK - good.

I'm gone.

Ah, we overlapped in our posting.
    Just seen your original response, Mark.

I'm Deleted.

Apparently Kralk are intending to sell these for 3K which is vastly less than anyone else selling a four way, five driver, speaker - possibly more spent on the components and a less emphasis on achieving a ‘bargain’ price would have resulted in a more balanced sound - but who knows.
    Account Deleted

Bigman80 Guest

Apparently Kralk are intending to sell these for 3K which is vastly less than anyone else selling a four way, five driver, speaker - possibly more spent on the components and a less emphasis on achieving a ‘bargain’ price would have resulted in a more balanced sound - but who knows.
    I'd suspect, given previous reports of kralks earlier models being very good, that the issue here possible wasn't all the speakers fault. They seem to have a good ear and as we all know, one bad demo doesn't make it a bad speaker.

Benefit of the doubt, but I'd hope to get a better setup next time to give a better chance of positive feedback.

I still think the problem was probably back in the chain somewhere.

I'm Dennis.

"I still don't know why the 30/4 is a 5-way speaker.
    OK, 5 drivers, but surely the 2 bass drivers come from the same x-over feed?
    My MBLs are 6 driver, 4 way. I bet the Kralks are 5 driver 4-way. "

My own are five way, the two bass drivers operating as a bipole but with differing cut offs and hence feeds from the Xover.

I'm gone.

^ So there is such a beast. Thanks Dennis, that's interesting.

I see that was your 1,000th post.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I didn't suggest that it was easy, but my stance is implicitly expressed in my last post.

Professional sellers should surely have so much practice that it becomes second nature to them; they're not doing a 'one off ' as many of us are..
    Yeah, I’ll take my magic wand next time lol.

It’s always easy to criticise. Have you considered how much work goes in to doing a show within tight timelines, not to mention you are going in to a different sounding room every time. Most hotel rooms are dire sound wise.

I agree some could take more time and care than they do, but the majority do their best with what they are given.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Yep, I agree - mids were also forced and harsh. Unfortunately this was one of the poorer sounds of the show.
    I could well imagine this to be so as those speakers need a big area to work properly in. I heard them in Mark's dem room which is very large and they sounded good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast