+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kralk 30 series

I'm jamie.

the speaker on the far right is too close to the side wall,thats gonna affect the sound
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

I have to concur with the thoughts expressed so far. I found the room to be unlistenably loud and very treble harsh. It is the second time I have heard Kralk and I thought the same last time but with a different model. As always, get a home demonstration if it is a speaker you are interested in.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That seems unlikely as the room looks to be very big and the speakers are well away from the boundaries.
    Room modes can occur irrespective of the rooms size (within reason) and speaker positioning relative to the rear wall.
    Account Deleted

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Room modes can occur irrespective of the rooms size (within reason) and speaker positioning relative to the rear wall.
    In theory but in practice I've never found that to be the case. Boomy bass is usually caused by the amp not being up to driving the speakers, or some sort of turntable-related issue.

Anyway if they were harsh in the top end that's certainly nothing to do with the room or the speakers.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dennis.

I think, although unlikely, that from the picture, the right speaker seems closer to the back wall - not an equilateral triangle needed for stereo.

It does seem that the bass drivers are working as a bipole, now becoming a popular solution - KEF Bade and others.

It amazes me that at shows so often the sound is easily criticisable, do they not realise how people like us agonise on fine tuning to get the last possible finesse from our systems? Several times at shows I have just walked straight out of a room because the sound was so obviously wrong. (Both B&W, and Meridian). With all their resources and desire to use the show as a selling platform, hey should set it up such that we are blown away by it.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    the speaker on the far right is too close to the side wall,thats gonna affect the sound
    You mean the one in the corner, cunningly disguised as a water dispenser?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I think, although unlikely, that from the picture, the right speaker seems closer to the back wall - not an equilateral triangle needed for stereo.

It does seem that the bass drivers are working as a bipole, now becoming a popular solution - KEF Bade and others.

It amazes me that at shows so often the sound is easily criticisable, do they not realise how people like us agonise on fine tuning to get the last possible finesse from our systems? Several times at shows I have just walked straight out of a room because the sound was so obviously wrong. (Both B&W, and Meridian). With all their resources and desire to use the show as a selling platform, hey should set it up such that we are blown away by it.
    Can’t speak for others, but when I help Nick out, we spend hours getting the best sound we can. If you think it’s easy, try giving it a go!
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dennis.

I didn't suggest that it was easy, but my stance is implicitly expressed in my last post.

Professional sellers should surely have so much practice that it becomes second nature to them; they're not doing a 'one off ' as many of us are..

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    In theory but in practice I've never found that to be the case. Boomy bass is usually caused by the amp not being up to driving the speakers, or some sort of turntable-related issue.

Anyway if they were harsh in the top end that's certainly nothing to do with the room or the speakers.
    Well we will have to disagree then because I have experienced room issues of this nature many times and many audiophiles appear to actively like the bass hump that room gain can give. However, I agree that, in this case, the front end and/or amplifiers may well have been the primary factor - I’ve never been very impressed by Vincent gear and I’ve no idea how the phonostage performs.
    Account Deleted

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    So where's the 5th driver in the 5 way design?

Looks a decent setup.
    Biggish Vincent amps should have plenty of poke.
    The reference to “5 way design” appears to be a misprint and should probably read ‘5 drive unit’ as I have seen it described as a 4 way system elsewhere (which would make more sense).

Anyway, irrespective of what the cause was, the end result was not a good one.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast