+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cloverleaf mains cable (don’t shoot me or I’ll drop a big stone on you)...

I'm Dan.

Default Cloverleaf mains cable (don’t shoot me or I’ll drop a big stone on you)...

I’ve got my NAD D3020 amp going in my office now, alas, the mains cable is damaged and I want to replace it (plugged in via a 6 way block FYI)

But, do I just go with a £5 special off Amazon, or should I look to invest in something like a Chord/Audioquest mains cable with the IEC to Cloverleaf adapter? Will it make any difference to the sound of my system.

My source is my 2018 Mac Mini using iTunes and Roon (free trial currently), via an Audioquest Jitterbug USB adapter - Audioquest USB A to B cable to the NAD D3020. Speaker cable is Van Damme Blue and speakers are Monitor Audio Bronze 2s (currently), but have Dali Zensor 3s, B&W 607s and Dynaudio Emit 10s on their way to me too
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm Gary.

Hi,

If you’re using a normal 6 way block I wouldn’t think that the replacement power cable would be an enhancement, as your distribution block may be the limiting factor.

I believe that fed with a decent supply cables can make a difference.

Hope this helps.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Steve.

I bought a Chord mains cable for my pre and it made an improvement but it was £100+.

I'm not sure if it will be cost effective for you although once you have it you could try it on other electronics.

My other mains cables are Kimber and the difference was not so clear.
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

+ Reply to Thread