+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon lossless.

I'm Andrew.

I went to look at this. When I went for the free trial of lossless music it said that it was going to charge £7.99 a month during the free trial period and £12.50 thereafter. I get Amazon Music with prime but do not normally use it. I know I will have missed something obvious but has anyone else had this? Thanks.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by RMutt View Post
    I went to look at this. When I went for the free trial of lossless music it said that it was going to charge £7.99 a month during the free trial period and £12.50 thereafter. I get Amazon Music with prime but do not normally use it. I know I will have missed something obvious but has anyone else had this? Thanks.
    The HD 90 day free offering seems to be only for new subscribers. Existing Amazon Music subscribers will continue paying their normal £7.99pm and be able to get HD now and in 3 months time pay the £12.50pm.

I would like to take the Amazon Music HD service but so far there is no news of it being implemented in Roon.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm John.

The offer is for new subscribers only, so presumably you are not considered to be in that category.
    EDIT: OK, Edward got there first!

I'm Andrew.

Thanks John. I’m wondering whether I may already be signed up. Is there any indication on the Amazon Music player interface that shows up as HD when playing music?

I'm Andrew.

Right I think I know what I have done. In my excitement of wanting to try the lossless music I signed up for a free trial of UNLIMITED, which is not free with prime and not, either, LOSSLESS. I then tried to sign up for the HD( lossless) and it obviously would not let me have the two free trials. Well, I think that’s what I’ve done, haha. Only fools rush in etc.

I'm gone.

More haste, less speed (and less rez).

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    Just to illustrate the perversity of the Search: A search for 'Anton Reicha' turns up 4 albums, whereas searching for 'Reicha' brings over 60 albums of music by Anton Reicha!
    I find that sort of thing with most/all of the streaming services.

But to illustrate my own findings about poor catalogue depth with Amazon, I am very fond of the Naxos series of Weiss solo lute sonatas with Robert Barto. There are 11 in the series, and Qobuz/Spotify/Tidal have them all - I can only find 3 of them on Amazon, and my fave Vol. 1 is missing.

And the wonderful set of complete Beethoven piano sonatas by Maria Grinberg on Melodiya isn't there either.
    It is on Qobuz and Spotify.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    More haste, less speed (and less rez).
    The story of my life!

I'm Edward.

Right I think I know what I have done. In my excitement of wanting to try the lossless music I signed up for a free trial of UNLIMITED, which is not free with prime and not, either, LOSSLESS. I then tried to sign up for the HD( lossless) and it obviously would not let me have the two free trials. Well, I think that’s what I’ve done, haha. Only fools rush in etc.
    I've always found Amazon to be good in sorting out problems (either theirs or mine) when you get them on the 'phone. Their call back service works very well.

One time they missed an important delivery time (birthday present), they refunded me in full and said keep the package.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm John.

Duplicate post
    Last edited by jonners; 19-09-2019 at 09:20.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast