+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amazon lossless.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    But to illustrate my own findings about poor catalogue depth with Amazon, I am very fond of the Naxos series of Weiss solo lute sonatas with Robert Barto. There are 11 in the series, and Qobuz/Spotify/Tidal have them all - I can only find 3 of them on Amazon, and my fave Vol. 1 is missing.
    Well, I'm a Weiss/Barto fan too as it happens, and when I search in 'Unlimited' on the Amazon Music Player (not the web player) on my Macbook I find all 11 volumes of this wonderful stuff, plus the Dresden Manuscript duets! There's a 9CD set of Maria Grinberg's Beethoven too. I'll give that a listen on your recommendation Jerry!

Edit: The 9CD Grinberg set is only in 'Standard' format but there are also 7 of the individual discs in 'HD'.
    Last edited by jonners; 19-09-2019 at 10:36.

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by RMutt View Post
    Right I think I know what I have done. In my excitement of wanting to try the lossless music I signed up for a free trial of UNLIMITED, which is not free with prime and not, either, LOSSLESS. I then tried to sign up for the HD( lossless) and it obviously would not let me have the two free trials. Well, I think that’s what I’ve done, haha. Only fools rush in etc.
    Yeah I did exactly the same
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Mike.

Biggest problem is finding something that will natively stream it AND match the sound quality of the rest of my system, yeah loads of manufacturers work with Amazon however most don't do a dedicated streamer and any that do I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Airplay?

Yeah fair enough but that just flattens the battery on the device that's sending the music to your hifi. Not really practical if you want to have it on all day and not plugged into the wall.

I've taken the trial but only because it's free, until it appears on MoOde, Volumio, Picoreplayer, SoTm, Auralic, etc etc I'll not be going beyond the 90 days.

Biggest issue with the ones mentioned above is that Amazon won't release their API to make it work.

I don't think it'll force any other providers to rush out and do their own HD service because their core listeners listen on phones and Bluetooth speakers.

Be great if they did because it's so much easier to use Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz on more devices.

I'm Andrew.

Had this service for a couple of days and the solidity of the sound and the quality has been just what was promised. Then there is the issue of Ultra (24/192 quality) . I use a Fire TV player connected to an Onkyo Reciever (32/386 capable) but when you switch on the quality tab which shows the original recording quality etc it say that my source device can only play at 16/44.1 level.

Looked at settings on the Fire TV under Amazon HD muisc and the only thing you can change is allowing or blocking songs with this has not been carried over to the Fire TV . Not very good by Amazon and something I hope they will address but will not hold my breath . So a really good service that could be very popular but held back becuase they will not let it have universal usage like other streaming services , shame .

I'm David.

Here's a glitch. Michel Petrucciani Dreyfus night live. Track 3. Track length 16 mins or thereabouts: it cuts out at 3.34!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by AD Audio View Post
    Here's a glitch. Michel Petrucciani Dreyfus night live. Track 3. Track length 16 mins or thereabouts: it cuts out at 3.34!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Tried it to see if it was the same for me and it is, you can see they only have 3:50 or so of the track as the buffer runs along much faster than it should for a 16 minute track.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123