+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concrete speaker enclosure

I'm Ian.

Hi Michael,
    There is a guy not far from me who's been making concrete speakers using Jordan drivers for many years. It might be worth contacting him for advice/tips. I've met him once and he seems very approachable.

https://sites.google.com/site/matteisloudspeakers/

I'm Ken.

Mine were Tannoy M20. A 2-way with an 8" bass. I built the cabinets with the original internal volume and grew externally.
    Ken

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/
    DIY Technics/Pro-Ject based Turntable + Terminator linear tracker + AT 33PTG II / AQVOX Phono 2 CI / PS Audio Stellar DAC-Pre / ESP Active X-Over / Nord MC500 Power Amps / Yamaha NS1000M based Active Speakers / Nuprime CDT-8 Pro Transport.

I'm Steve.

May or may not suit the size of hole you're after, but you can hire a core-drilling setup from a tool hire shop. The kind of thing you would use to make a hole in a wall for boiler flues, bog pipes etc
    Pining for the fjords? What kind of talk is that? And why did he fall flat on his back the minute I got him home?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Grant.

I used to do diamond coring way back. Plenty water and preferably a rig etc needed for big holes
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Hatton Garden anyone?

I'm John.

The Link is to a material I was once keen to Laminate and trial on a OB Speaker.
    The link covers a few versions of the material, I believe the material I become familiar with
    is the Portland Version.
    These materials cut with a Jigsaw with relative ease, as well as can be found in a thickness up to 12mm.
    Two or Three sheets can be laminated, to make a Wall thickness of choice.
    With a little though in the design of a cabinet, a conventional version of Speaker Enclosure Joinery can be mimiced.
    My OB Baffle was going to have a Three Ply Lamination, with Ply Layer Two being different material, so possibly a CLD Type of configuration.
    I till have 4 x 15 Bass Drive Units for the project, so maybe one day, I will get there.
    My ESL 57's are yet to be championed, by a younger contender.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cement_board

I'm Michael.

Thanks for the link to cement board. There are several different types it would seem. One is bendable I wonder about their effectiveness when used for a speaker cabinet. Definitely easier to work with than concrete.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12