+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Photos In The Sales Section

I'm Grant.

whomever i was the object of her desires until i showed her a picture of Marco
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Then she ran a mile!

Marco.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    As the Oxford English Dictionary is, and always has been, the definitive source of what is, or isn't, correct, I'm afraid we need to accept that what was once incorrect may not me nowadays.
    As somebody mentioned earlier, the language changes with time so perhaps we are becoming the modern versions of those complaining about thou, ye etc being changed.
    The OED simply records the usage of the English language, and provides the origin (or first use) and etymology of a word in question. It does not advise on the correct or appropriate use of a word. The latter is not the purpose of a dictionary.
    Last edited by Barry; 24-09-2019 at 17:55.
    Barry

I'm Gary.

The online one does

That's where most of the quotes I've posted came from
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Grant.

Always liked Chambers.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The OED simply records the usage of the English language, and provides the origin (or first use) and etymology of a word in question. It does not advise on the correct or appropriate use of a word. The latter is not the purpose of a dictionary.
    By way of using example phrases and sentences, my New O.E.D. does indicate (appropriate) usage; it borders on the encyclopaedic in places. (Dammit ! Sucked in again !)

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Always liked Chambers.
    Very good for soliciting, too; possibly where you were prepositioned ?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    By way of using example phrases and sentences, my New O.E.D. does indicate (appropriate) usage; it borders on the encyclopaedic in places. (Dammit ! Sucked in again !)
    My 2-volume Shorter OED (1978), does give example phrases and sentences, but these are all historical uses by writers and poets. The only guide to the appropriate usage, or not, is through comments that, for example, the usage is obsolete, or regarded as coarse slang etc.
    Barry

I'm Dennis.

"Therefore, the sort of people we want on AoS, are those who push themselves and strive for excellence, rather than simply settle for mediocrity."

If this is directed at me, I suggest that if you had seen just how hard I have been pushing myself over the last ten years Marco, (resulting in heart failure), you might then see why there are some things at which I do not want to keep driving myself hard.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nope, not at all. It was a general observation. In any case, I hope you've since made a full recovery and are feeling much better now

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast