+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos In The Sales Section

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - never mind that, what do you think of post 19?

Marco.

Dennis?

Marco.

I'm Mike.

Wouldn't it be lovely to be able to simply upload pic's directly from folder to forum? I know, it's something about storage limits, whereas posting photos via a host minimises this.

A few years ago I was able to get Photobucket to work; not all the time but it's all I had, and built up a library. Then it went pear-shaped; I tried, and failed, to involve Imgur and one or two others, but they were beyond me. Couldn't even get to register with Imgur, I recall.

Luckily I've more or less reached the end game for hifi, and rarely sell anything anywhere. Guess I've no excuse, because I have a p.c. and quality camera and my wife is learning coding and could probably understand what I can't. However, I do empathise with those who find these hosting sites either unapproachable for whatever reason or just unhealthily frustrating.

Still, when I have time, need and inspiration I'll have another go; if, that is, I can follow the simple instructions for so doing. There surely must be a hosting site which is head and shoulders easier, more reliable and, essentially, designed for the digitally challenged.

I'm Dennis.

Marco, I think post 19 was pretty fair and to the point, but my PC is so bloody awful to deal with that it demands all sorts of things which complicate any task, and this makes me reticent to try to do extras.

What complicates things is the deteriorated use of English in so many instructions, and also on the phone to various organisations, especially the larger ones. Often the sentences, even if they are enunciated clearly, are so poorly constructed, that it gives me despair.

I have now bought a Mac, but having been poor I tend to want to 'save it for best', and get the max life from this dreadful Win 10 PC.

Dating sites do facilitate direct uploading of pictures IME.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

If our Members could simply upload any pictures directly to the site, that would be perfect. However, as has been stated elsewhere, this would require a massive increase in Forum storage capacity to be provided by our host, with a consequental increase in running costs to the Forum owner (Marco).

Image hosting sites have to be paid for, either through annoying pop-up advertising, or by charging users an annual fee. Photobucket, which used to be free, spoiled things by suddenly asking for an annual fee of something like £400! Their blatent avarice and greed backfired on them, with users simply abandoning the site and going elsewhere. Photobucket realising their mistake are now asking something like £48 a year for unlimited third party posting of images, with a maximum of 2,000 images, or free hosting and the ability to post on third party sites provided you put up with a large Photobucket 'watermark' plastered over your image.

If you have a need to post many images here on AoS (or elsewhere for that matter), £48 a year is not too much to pay. The image hosting site 'Imageshack' is, I believe, even cheaper at £30 per annum, and is just as good and as easy to use as Photobucket.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Imageshack is way better than photobucket imo. If your into photography then Flickr Pro is the best although not free by any means.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Imageshack is way better than photobucket imo. If your into photography then Flickr Pro is the best although not free by any means.
    I have used free Flickr for some years - in fact I have two accounts so can potentially store a couple of thousand images gratis and for nix.
    Absolutely no need to pay for a Flickr Pro account IMHO ( I had one and ditched it - not bothered by the occasional ads so why bother...)

Posting on here using Flickr links is a doddle really ... a literal no-brainer.
    I don't buy any of the 'hapless technonumpty' arguments in this day and age, certainly not if you are posting regularly to an internet forum - or have ever set up a cartridge

I'm Dennis.

I have serious concerns about putting any personal information in the public domain, even if apparently protected.

I'm Mike.

Didn't know about the Photobucket watermark thing, Barry. I've seen these and don't think they're onerous; must investigate.

Struth, you fall into the trap of judging people based upon your own prowess. Age takes its toll and whereas I'm relatively capable, image hosting sites have always presented a challenge. 'If at first you don't succeed, give up', is an easy option when other things are more pressing.

Pharos, your comments on English are syntactically strange, but virtually everything computer/internet-wise is American English, which seems to diverge from British English at an alarming rate. I have to refer to my dictionary so many times because of error correction underscores, only to find these differences, even in the use of hyphens, proliferate, and not just in spellings. However, good grammatical English has been going to the dogs for quite a while now.

Having said that, my typographical skills have so deteriorated that error correction, flawed as it is, does assist my obligatory proof-reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Marco, I think post 19 was pretty fair and to the point, but my PC is so bloody awful to deal with that it demands all sorts of things which complicate any task, and this makes me reticent to try to do extras.

What complicates things is the deteriorated use of English in so many instructions, and also on the phone to various organisations, especially the larger ones. Often the sentences, even if they are enunciated clearly, are so poorly constructed, that it gives me despair.

I have now bought a Mac, but having been poor I tend to want to 'save it for best', and get the max life from this dreadful Win 10 PC.

Dating sites do facilitate direct uploading of pictures IME.
    Ok, no worries. Good choice with the Mac. You should use it though, and enjoy your investment, as they're virtually bombproof. Mine gets heavily used every day, and has been so for the last six years. It's still working as well as it did when I bought it, with zero problems.

Anyway, if you ever need a hand posting pictures, just let me know, and everything will be 100% confidential

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast