+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Reinstalled raspberry pi 3 but having issues

I'm Mike.

Try install Fing on your iPad or Android device and search the network to see if the Pi shows up.

Perhaps if you get the IP address off the Pi you'll be able to log in then. The photo I've attached shows some of what comes up in Fing on my network.

I've had Pi's change IP address after doing multiple reinstalls of Volumio or Moode which doesn't help when your trying to get it to run

Have you logged into your router to see if it shows up in the device list?

Last edited by mikeyb; 19-04-2020 at 12:54.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    Effectively I used the Raspberry at a separate property I owned and had no issues. I sold that and decided I would add this to my main system so I could use this as a music server attached to a hard drive.

Initially I couldn't get anything . Changed many SD cards ,formatted them and flashed them to no end . I finally spent some time yesterday, new sd cards, formatted and flashed. Set up the Pi and installed the card.Switched on and used my iPad to connect. The Volumio set up page came up, it requested that I selected language etc and I followed all the steps. When I accessed my network it shows up as a separate network, called Volumio. I entered the password all good it connected. The Volumio set up page asked me to restart which I did and now when I try to join the Volumio network it won't accept my password? So back to square one.

Colin
    I'm no expert on Volumio, but IIRC you point everything at a cloud server, and it communicates back to your local device.
    Can you not get into your account and change details, such the WAN address where you are?
    The old place had a different WAN address to where you are now.
    I suspect you have conflicts because of this.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Colin.

I can access IP addresses from Mac, but I will try Find and see if it helps.
    Thanks for suggestions

Colin

I'm Colin.

Just used Fing, no Volumio. So what's the simplest way of correcting IP address

I'm Steve.

I’ve had similar probs in the past .. so I switched to MOode. Then use Fing to find the IP address,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Colin.

All sorted I have my Pi back again. I decided that if my IP address was an issue then go back to Raspberrys hotspot. So I unplugged the cable and it opened up on my apple straight away. Not sure what's going on there anyway its working. Thanks for all input.

Colin

I'm ahto.

are you running a Bubbleupnp server on a laptop/desktop? I think setting up Volumio on your iPad & not needing anything else assumes subscription to a paid service, called MyVolumio (they offer a 15 day free trial). (in which case it is the RPi which connects to your wifi when it reboots and you simply direct your browser to volumio.local on any device on your wifi network).
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Colin.

I think the answer to that is no. Its seeing my broadband provider and the hd its connected to.To be honest I have no idea what a bubblepnp is, but I will now go and look it up.

Colin

I'm ahto.

my understanding of what is involved is admittedly limited. I use Volumio to stream Tidal (though I have USB drives with music connected to the RPi as well).

I think in order to control Volumio via your iPad or phone, etc, you need something like a Bubbleupnp server (it's effectively a programme running on your computer) in addition to an RPi & Volumio on an SD card. you would also need to install a dedicated app on your iPad (Lumin, for example).
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Colin.

I don't stream , I only use it to connect to a large drive with my back up music files. I previously used it with my iPad and android phone as the controller just as I have here and it worked fine. I will keep an eye on it. I just like to have access to my musicales and this was the simplest way I could come up with. i have an Airport Express somewhere which I could use but preferred the pi, its got a Boss day attached but I have a preamp with DAC onboard so I could use that as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast