+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reinstalled raspberry pi 3 but having issues

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I honestly don't know what you are on about, sorry
    I think you need to read your previous post, and then you will understand. Quite an unnecessary attack on somebody offering advice... (take or leave it, to the recipient).... not too you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

We're both trying to get to the same result no?

You've offered your advice, I've offered mine, somewhere in the middle hopefully Colin would find a solution.

I put my thoughts forward as I've had the very same thing happen twice with Volumio and a failed mSD card.

Yes, Volumio is fairly robust but it's not infallible.
    It looks like other contributors are are mixing you up with the OP.
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
    Actually reading and digesting what's written is a lost skill - I thought it was caused by snowflakes, but obviously the problem runs deeper than that.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    I think you need to read your previous post, and then you will understand. Quite an unnecessary attack on somebody offering advice... (take or leave it, to the recipient).... not too you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I deleted the angry line BEFORE you replied as I realised it was wrong to say that.

Unfortunately you had already started to quote it and was no doubt posting the quote at the same time I was posting my next reply.

Anyway as I've already said we're both trying to resolve Colins issue and that's good no?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    It looks like other contributors are are mixing you up with the OP.
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
    Actually reading and digesting what's written is a lost skill - I thought it was caused by snowflakes, but obviously the problem runs deeper than that.
    The quoted reply below yours suggests otherwise. He seems to get a bit ratty quite often from what I can see.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Card with Volumio on it will be corrupt, require rewrite the Volumio image to the card and reinsert it into the Pi and boot it.

Volumio can fail if the Pi wasn't shut down properly so it's best to rewrite it.

The card can also fail too so try another if you have one.
    That’s it. Exactly what used to happen to mine.
    Caused by me unplugging the thing and not shutting it down.
    Good advice and worth a try.

I'm Colin.

Good morning....anyway. Reformatting sd card to start with and will flash again with image file.
    I obtained IP address but loading it just takes me to google. So will revisit once I have reformatted and loaded.
    Last time i did this was using laptop and connected PI to router if I remember correctly. But as its not something you do all the time .....
    Anyway I will advise on the progress.

And I appreciate the assistance.

I'm Colin.

Formatted and re flashed. Zip. If I type in volumio.local/ it just freezes, if I type in the ip address it takes me to google?

Going out just now so may try Moode after I return. Not sure what's going on

I'm Grant.

suggests the pad and the volumio are not on same broadband router ip... I did have this once when using an extender... or volumio is not running. or a firewall is blocking communications.
    yup try moode..will prove/disprove some things perhaps.

setting it up at a friends is another option
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Bugger.
    Fingers crossed for MOode..

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    Formatted and re flashed. Zip. If I type in volumio.local/ it just freezes, if I type in the ip address it takes me to google?

Going out just now so may try Moode after I return. Not sure what's going on
    Have you checked to find the correct IP address on your network because it might have changed from your last location.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast