+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Reinstalled raspberry pi 3 but having issues

I'm Mike.

I'm Colin.

thanks mike , i have followed this and others. just seems a bit strange. Will try moose and see what happens

I'm Colin.

I will maybe try moode before moose

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    I will maybe try moode before moose
    Won't make any difference I don't think

I'm Edward.

Just an outside thought Colin. Did you reboot your router?

Maybe (small chance this I admit) the Pi with the previous build did an IP reservation in your router and things have now become confused? A router reboot should sort that out. Easy to try and nothing lost.

Also try getting to the Pi home page by explicitly prefixing the url with http:// (example: http://192.168.1.123/). This should skip getting to google as you mentioned.

Lastly, you say that you can see the Pi in Fing, did you try pinging the Pi (within Fing). What are the results?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm inactive.

Not sure what’s going on but not having a great deal of success. Used my pi and dac in my flat but have brought it to my house to attach to my main system.
    Followed the the instructions again from start to finish. Connected to amp and powered up. I used volumio on my iPad before but I can’t seem to get it to work at all. Can’t acees pi address? And can’t use volumio.local nothing seems to work. The pi is connected by Ethernet but no joy. It seemed simple when I previously set up . I deleted volumio from my iPad and restarted even downloaded. A new App but zero zip.

Any trouble shooters out there with ideas
    Colin
    Despite plenty of experience setting up various RPi combos with Moode, I had endless hassles trying to set up Volumio recently using the WiFi 'hotspot' method given in their instructions.
    I think there may be some issues with the interaction between Volumio and Mac OS systems (never really have problems with Moode to speak of)

In the end I ditched the advised Volumio procedure and used the tried and tested method via a direct ethernet connection between RPi and (Virgin) router. Once established, setting up WiFi access was simple.

That said, I've now reverted back to Moode - Volumio was far too flakey for my use.

I'm Colin.

Away from home so won’t be any further action until next weekend.

Colin

I'm Colin.

well its been a bit longer than next weekend.....
    Bust project on site so time ran away with me.
    So yesterday started afresh with Raspberry, new sd cards ,formatted ,flashed and inserted. All connected up, switched on and bingo. It asked for my password and once I remembered it was the one it came with I typed it in and up came the screen allowing me to configure it. amazing. Followed the instructions and then it asked for me to restart , I did and now it won't let me access it it keeps on saying its the wrong password?

Thoughts ?

Colin

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Thoughts ?
    I've read through the thread and I'm confused as hell.
    It's all over the place with different members problems and perceptions.

Could you give an outline of your problem again, please?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Colin.

Effectively I used the Raspberry at a separate property I owned and had no issues. I sold that and decided I would add this to my main system so I could use this as a music server attached to a hard drive.

Initially I couldn't get anything . Changed many SD cards ,formatted them and flashed them to no end . I finally spent some time yesterday, new sd cards, formatted and flashed. Set up the Pi and installed the card.Switched on and used my iPad to connect. The Volumio set up page came up, it requested that I selected language etc and I followed all the steps. When I accessed my network it shows up as a separate network, called Volumio. I entered the password all good it connected. The Volumio set up page asked me to restart which I did and now when I try to join the Volumio network it won't accept my password? So back to square one.

Colin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast