+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HD Tracks

I'm William.

Default HD Tracks

Hi Guys

Sorry if this has been asked before but.....

I was watching YouTube seminar form the Rocky Mountain Audio festand ir was talking about qobuz. I did not find it particularly interesting but it did get me thinking about HD tracks. Qobuz among others does downloads. Unlike vinyl and CDs you have a product that you could resale if you wanted. From what I can see for an HD track download thatís what you get a download file and so artwork. So how do you sell it on should you not like it? Do copyright issues apply. As all you have at the end of day is a file!! Yes you could copy it onto a memory stick or even to a cd (but wouldnít play of course) at least thatís my understanding.

Anyway before I indulge in HD downloads and purchasing I would be interested in the thoughts of the community.

Regards

Bill

I'm Grant.

its yours so i guess you could resell it in its original form....but only once,.... i dont know for sure tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

HD Tracks specifically forbid resale of any files purchased from them. Not sure how they would enforce that.

In my various internet travels I've not found any places that offer sales of previously purchased audio files. And anyway I'm sure the underlying copyright holders will soon be after such sites as they do with torrent sites.
    Main: Tidal/Roon > MiniITX > Metrum Hex > LDR > either Radford STA25 V or Trilogy 968 > Tannoy (Eaton or Berkeley).
    2nd: Tidal/Roon > Roopio on Pi > Chevron Paradox > Firebottle Buffer > Sugden Masterclass IA-4 > Kudos Cardea

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    HD Tracks specifically forbid resale of any files purchased from them. Not sure how they would enforce that.

In my various internet travels I've not found any places that offer sales of previously purchased audio files. And anyway I'm sure the underlying copyright holders will soon be after such sites as they do with torrent sites.
    think if you made a business out of it you'd be nabbed quite quickly, but moving one on you didnt like, i doubt anyone would bother; or swap.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

If you want to sell stuff on then BUY physical product - Vinyl or CDs...

...Downloads are NOT for selling on IMHO.

When I buy physical stuff I often weigh into the consideration the likely future investment value...

...if I get a download - it is just because I want to hear it NOW.
    Adam.

I'm Geoff.

Anything is potentially 'for sale'. It does not need to be a physical quantity. After all, you 'sell' your time at work.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Anything is potentially 'for sale'. It does not need to be a physical quantity. After all, you 'sell' your time at work.
    ...well yes I take your point - but I seriously doubt there are thousands of punters queuing up to buy your second hand flac files.

I have been buying and selling Vinyl and CDs since the early 80s - that is where the money is....

...You might be surprised how much some of the obscure deleted 80s CDs can go for:-

https://www.discogs.com/Joy-Division...elease/2014714
    Adam.

+ Reply to Thread