+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you have a tatty 1200 or 1210 ?

I'm Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by Natara View Post
    I've contacted the seller on eBay and for an extra 15 so 65 for the short version he will make one without pitch slider, light and light switch cut out which seems very reasonable.
    15 more for less work?

I'm Geoff.

If ever a product was designed to resonate, it's these.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Kev.

How do the wooden ones affect the sound quality? In a good or bad way, or are they purely cosmetic?

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If ever a product was designed to resonate, it's these.
    If you apply damping pads to the edges on the inside you get no resonance from them as they are a very tight fit.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Nat.

Well it's not really they are cut out with a cnc computer cutter so it has to be reprogrammed not to cut out the slider etc and then back again to cut them out. So I think 15 is fair enough because it is actually more work and essentially a one off custom job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibster_2000 View Post
    15 more for less work?

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Natara View Post
    Well it's not really they are cut out with a cnc computer cutter so it has to be reprogrammed not to cut out the slider etc and then back again to cut them out. So I think 15 is fair enough because it is actually more work and essentially a one off custom job.
    I think they are well priced and even 15 more to get what you want is good Nat.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123