+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gyrodec motor repairs

I'm Deleted.

Ah, now you mention it I think I do recall people have mentioned that some quiescent current is present at the motor all the time - not the best design .
    Account Deleted

I'm M.

I had the same problem with the Papst motor took it to Deco audio who cleaned and serviced it about 18 months ago it's worked perfectly since

I'm peter.

this was a reply from michell with regards to servicing the Papst motor
    The old AC motors have two sintered bearings. If they have dried out then they can be oiled but they won’t be the same as before they dried out, you might get a year or two before they will need doing again. You really need to strip the motor down to lubricate it because if you oil it from the top, it could make the motor noisy, as you will be lubricating the series of washers on the top of the motor and they can then begin to vibrate. You can try using something thin like ZX1 or WD40.

The best thing would be to send it to us, so we can then replace the washers and circlip etc. and give it a good clean out and lubrication.

If you are using a QC power supply with it, make sure you turn the QC off when not in use. The QC has a current path to keep the motor warm, over a long period of time this will speed up the bearings drying out.
    from Michell

I'm Ian.

the motor arrived back today, fitting was a faff, took several attempts to get it sorted.

The problem being that the washer that covers the wiring in the plug and/or the wiring itself was catching on the motor and cause a whining noise. It took several attempts to get the wiring away from the motor. Wrapped round the mounting post and making sure the washer was stuck down firmly sorted it .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12