+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RegaP10 released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Clint.

Default RegaP10 released

HI All

Rega have released the new P10 deck - http://www.rega.co.uk/planar-10.html - Had a demo of the P8 & thought it was a fabulous deck for the money. Look forward to having a demo of this sometime.

I'm Peter.

Price?
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clint H View Post
    HI All

Rega have released the new P10 deck - http://www.rega.co.uk/planar-10.html - Had a demo of the P8 & thought it was a fabulous deck for the money. Look forward to having a demo of this sometime.
    Looks like same old same old to me. I can think of far better ways to spend two grand or whatever it is.

I'm richard.

Its a bit expensive Tom. From the annoucement>

'The Apheta 3 moving coil cartridge was developed alongside the turntable using Rega’s most advanced "Fine Line" diamond profile, and is sold separately for £1250 or packaged at a discount with the Planar 10 for £4499 (without it, the deck is £3599)' end.

........my wife needs a new car so the P10 will have to wait !

regards, richard

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bbbiker800 View Post
    Its a bit expensive Tom. From the annoucement>

'The Apheta 3 moving coil cartridge was developed alongside the turntable using Rega’s most advanced "Fine Line" diamond profile, and is sold separately for £1250 or packaged at a discount with the Planar 10 for £4499 (without it, the deck is £3599)' end.

........my wife needs a new car so the P10 will have to wait !

regards, richard
    Astonished. Who on earth would pay that for this?

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Astonished. Who on earth would pay that for this?
    If the "sound per pound" is right, I would?

And I did.

Just seen this thread and thought I'd pop up with some comments.

Context:
    We all know our HiFi enjoyment is a journey not an end destination, least maybe keeping it healthy it should be?

Recently I sold my "Grail deck", a Michell Gorbe with SME V fitted with a Dynavector XX2 Mk2 as I wasn't enjoying vinyl like I used to.
    The deck had a lot of value tied up in it and wasn't being appreciated.

Reading the Hifi press as I do, I got curious when I read about Rega's new flagship decks, with the trickled down Niaad engineering?
    I'd followed the design of it, and was very impressed...but at 30K, what?!!

My local Dealer stocked Rega and when I read they had released the new flagship Planar 10 deck, I wanted to hear it.
    I'd organised a Demo of both the new P10 and the P8, more out of curiosity than anything else.
    I wasn't wasting the dealers time as I'd be buying my digital upgrades from them anyway.

One last blast I thought before I put the Turntable sale funds into upgrading my digital again.
    ...or so I thought.

Both decks sounded more musical and involving and , crucially, had more of the "X" factor than my Michell/SME/Dynavector deck I'd just sold. Wow.
    Decided on the spot I was investing in one of the new Rega decks.
    A major surprise and not a direction I saw myself going in..
    I could afford either, but don't like spending unless there's good return
    So I wanted diminishing return type improvement with the P10 over the P8, buy the P8 and save money.
    The 10 was after all nearly twice the price with the fitted Apheta 3 cart.

Sadly...no.
    The P8 was wonderful sounding, and better than my previous deck - but the P10 was in a different league.
    WAY better than the P8 and worth the extra money, even at nearly twice the price.

In absolute terms, even the P8 sounded better than my previous deck, and that deck was certainly no slouch. (SME V, hello?)
    The Planar 10 however was just in a different category.
    Its really is that good.

Gorgeous looking thing too, which is nice.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 08-11-2019 at 15:59.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post

And I did.

Just seen this thread and thought I'd pop up some comments.

Context:
    I recently sold my Michell Gorbe with SME V fitted with a Dynavector XX2 Mk2 as I wasn't enjoying vinyl like I used to.

Reading the Hifi press as I do, I got curious when I read about Rega's new flagship decks, with the trickled down Niaad engineering?

My local Dealer stocked Rega and when I read they had released the new flagship Planar 10 deck, I wanted to hear it.
    I'd organised a Demo of both the new P10 and the P8, more out of curiosity than anything else.
    I wasn't wasting the dealers time as I'd be buying my digital upgrades from them anyway.

One last blast I thought before I put the Turntable sale funds into upgrading my digital again.
    ...or so I thought.

Both decks sounded more musical and involving and , crucially, had more of the "X" factor thank my Michell/SME/Dynavector deck I'd just sold. Wow.
    So I wanted diminishing return type improvement with the P10 over the P8, buy the P8 and save money.

Sadly...no.
    The P8 was wonderful sounding, and better than my previous deck - but the P10 was in a different league.
    WAY better than the P8 and worth the extra money, even at nearly twice the price.

In absolute terms, even the P8 sounded better than my previous deck, and that deck was certainly no slouch. (SME V, hello?)
    Its really is that good.

Glad its doin it for you - enjoy the music
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post

And I did.

Just seen this thread and thought I'd pop up some comments.

Context:
    I recently sold my Michell Gorbe with SME V fitted with a Dynavector XX2 Mk2 as I wasn't enjoying vinyl like I used to.

...or so I thought.

Both decks sounded more musical and involving and , crucially, had more of the "X" factor thank my Michell/SME/Dynavector deck I'd just sold. Wow.

Sadly...no.

Its really is that good.

Wot he said

I took Gary in to Glasgow to pick this deck up and was there when he assembled it in his listening room . Fantastic looking , and sounding , deck . I was well impressed
    Last edited by brian2957; 08-11-2019 at 16:04.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Josie.

Have to agree.

That's a wedge of green to sink in to a turntable.

If it was a limited run I could understand.

It looks nice but, eeek!

Sent from my BBC Microcomputer 32K
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Martin.

I clicked on the 'Technical Specification' tab expecting to see the wow and flutter figures but all it gives is the dimensions and the weight. That's not good.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast