+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a nice cart MC for my Trio L-07D

I'm Josie.

Default Looking for a nice cart MC for my Trio L-07D

Hi all.

For those who didn't know. I recently bought a Trio L-07D and I would like a reasonable cart for it.

Not looking at mega money for the moment but something decent enough. Maybe a DL103, Ortofon Quintet, AT maybe?

Some info on the tonearm.

"Tonearm effective mass is rather high at 17g. and will therefore be better suited to medium (between 10-µ/mN and 20-µ/mN) and low (less than 10-µ/mN) compliance cartridges."

Any help with suggestions and cart experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jo
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

Bigman80 Guest

Josie,

Get yourself an old Kontrapunkt b and send it to Killian Bakker for the "Vienna Treatment"

For under £1K, for the cartridge and the work, you will not find a better cartridge.

When I have the money, I will be giving my Kb the treatment.

I'm Josie.

Thanks, Oli.

Sounds good... however I'm just looking for something cheaper at the moment. I want to experiment a bit.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Martin.

Is it a normal SME type headshell fitting? If so what about an SPU?

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    Is it a normal SME type headshell fitting? If so what about an SPU?
    It is an SME fitting, yes. But I don't think the arm could balance out a heavy cart like an SPU.

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Thanks, Oli.

Sounds good... however I'm just looking for something cheaper at the moment. I want to experiment a bit.
    Cheaper? On that TT!!! Lol

Fair enough.

I'm jamie.

for cheap and cheerful and very good sound for the money and the tonearm mass id say give the denon a try
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Cheaper? On that TT!!! Lol

Fair enough.
    Well, for the moment anyway.

Price and performance don't always go together hence wanting to experiment first.

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    It is an SME fitting, yes. But I don't think the arm could balance out a heavy cart like an SPU.
    Ah ok fair enough didn't look into it, just saw that you'd be ok with lowish compliance so made a leap of faith :-)

Just had a look at the web page that was posted:

Your choice of cartridge

To allow you to choose the ideal cartridge for your needs, the L-07D tonearm is designed with a sub-weight for use with any cartridge and headshell with a combined maximum weight of 34 grams, to a minimum of 10 grams.

Happy Days :-)

I'm Josie.

Indeed.

Thing is, I've just come from an SPU on my other deck, so I'm looking to experiment.

But if all else fails, an SPU would be my cart of choice.

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast