Hi there,
I am looking at platter mats and record weights for non suspended TT, like Garrard 301, TD124, L75.

Platter mats
I hear the aluminium/steel/copper can give satisfying results. Those metals doesn't overdampen the TT, like rubber, cork, or leather can do. I say CAN do, because I have good results with my Herbie's Way Excellent II mat polymer mat on my Lenco L75. But I want to try a some kind of metal mat.
Anyone experience with the Puresound Tenuto Gunmetal mat, the Custom Design Inert, or the SPEC+ AP-UD1?
Custom Design offers two versions:
Aluminium for suspended turntables, and stainless steel for non suspended. I guess the steel is not a good idea if you use magnetic cartridges.

Record Weights
I can devise the record weights on the market in two groups, the heavy ones and the not so heavy ones. I have a feeling that the massive ones are not a good idea on my vintage TT, but I don't know why. Anyone any explanation? Does the weight put too much stress on the TT motor?
Do I need a 800 gram or a 450 gram weight on my vintage TT? Many thanks for your experiences.