+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to do with these carts?

I'm Josie.

Default What to do with these carts?

Hi all.

Been having a dig around and found these.

Ortofon rondo red
    Goldring g1042
    Stanton 500 V3

Both Rondo and Goldring have broken cantilevers.

Not keen on the Stanton myself but it's a good little cart overall.

Does anyone recommend having these repaired?

The Goldring is a great boogie cart so a new front section could be good but I'm looking to invest in something different.

Sent from my BBC Microcomputer 32K
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Grant.

rondo red was a good cart and unobtainable now so might be worth retipping that. jazz lovers like it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

I like the 1042 as well. Well worth treating it to a new stylus IMHO.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Karl.

I had my rondo red upgraded to top of the line Bronze spec and it was stunning. Father in law still has it and every time i hear it i want it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Josie.

If anyone is interested in the Rondo Red, let me know.

Ortofon do a trade-in offer and the Rondo Red has a value of £89 against a new Ortofon cart.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post

Ortofon do a trade-in offer and the Rondo Red has a value of £89 against a new Ortofon cart.
    Is this (usually %) trade-in not dependent upon which cart. is purchased? It is with Lyra (and another; Benz?)

I'm Josie.

Can't remember but I think it's only for another ortofon making up no more of 30% of the value of the new cart.

Still a good deal.

Sent from my BBC Microcomputer 32K

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread