+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Show us your hi-if graveyard!

I'm Chris.

once had 4 cars.....
    though i seem to have sound in 4 rooms now.

Cutting back to 3 currently, if the Ocellias find a home.
    Chris.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    once had 4 cars.....
    I once had seven.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Just think if you sold them all and consolidated it into some nice cash what lovely bit of upgrade kit you could add to you system, if you are not using it what's the point, unless it is for nostalgia.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking Adrian. Six CD players in there, and I never play CDs anymore... Two cassette decks and two VHS players and don't own any tapes for either! And not had a surround system since 2002!

A lot of it is junk really, but it is fairly pointless it just sitting in a garage not being used... Brings it into perspective when you see it all in one space!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Spare gear:

2 turntables

5 pickup arms

25 cartridges (at least, maybe more!)

5 tuners

5 preamps

10 power amps

2 cassette decks

1 CD player (with another one on its way!)

but no spare speakers!
    Last edited by Barry; 09-09-2019 at 11:01. Reason: Addition
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking Adrian. Six CD players in there, and I never play CDs anymore... Two cassette decks and two VHS players and don't own any tapes for either! And not had a surround system since 2002!

A lot of it is junk really, but it is fairly pointless it just sitting in a garage not being used... Brings it into perspective when you see it all in one space!
    Well to me ignoring what each box is you have I think 20 (excluding speakers) and 2 TT's. So say each one is on average sells for £75 then that is quite a chunk to put to a bit of an upgrade for your existing system. I suspect you may get a a bit more for some of those items.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123