+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show us your hi-if graveyard!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Default Show us your hi-if graveyard!

So, we’re hopefully moving house in the next couple of weeks, and starting to pack. Had some stuff in the garage, some in the loft, some in the summer house, and a system in the spare room. Anyway, most of it now together in my “hi-fi graveyard”. A few boxes not yet on the shelves, and another six pairs of large speakers not in the photo. Anyone else this bad with hoarding stuff?! or am I a lost cause?

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mike.

Exactly the reason prices are continually rising.

Bloody hoarders

I'm Edward.

I thought I was bad, but you have the affliction in a very bad way Alex. But I gotta hand it to you your neatness is an example to follow.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Mike.

Even worse!

An OCD Hoarder

montesquieu Guest

My policy is to keep next to nothing I don't use regularly. Leaves more room for records. I keep a small amount 'consumables' like tubes, cartridges/styli and certainly have far more cables than I need (as well as too many boxes full of screws, connectors and other random bric-a-brac), but in general components not in regular use don't hang around.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    I thought I was bad, but you have the affliction in a very bad way Alex. But I gotta hand it to you your neatness is an example to follow.
    Just looking at the picture I want to go out there an reorganise the shelves, but can’t decide if they should be ordered by age, manufacturer or component type... who mentioned OCD? :RFL:
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Just looking at the picture I want to go out there an reorganise the shelves, but can’t decide if they should be ordered by age, manufacturer or component type... who mentioned OCD? :RFL:
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    My policy is to keep next to nothing I don't use regularly. Leaves more room for records. I keep a small amount 'consumables' like tubes, cartridges/styli and certainly have far more cables than I need (as well as too many boxes full of screws, connectors and other random bric-a-brac), but in general components not in regular use don't hang around.
    I took about two square metres of cables to the tip. Still have about the same “just in case”...
    Alex

I'm Geoff.

Just waiting for Audio Al to chip in.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just waiting for Audio Al to chip in.
    Please nooooooooooo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast