+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Agnes Obel - Late night tales

Hibster_2000 Guest

Default Agnes Obel - Late night tales

Is this album as good as her others?

I'm James.

No
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Deleted.

As above, no, it’s not.
    Account Deleted

I'm James.

Having just bought tickets for her 2020 concert at Symphony Hall in April I suspect a new album is on the way before Christmas. It was 2016 when she last released an Album (Citizen of Glass) so she has had 3 years to produce some more wonderful music - hopefully!

I am looking forward to the release with great expectation.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Default Late night tales

Its not her album, its a compilation of tracks that the artist likes as are all the late night tales series.
    Nick

UK - Technics SP10, EPA 500, AT33SA - Roonserver on i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet 1000 PRO CI - Magico S5 - Finite Elemente Wall Shelf

Spain - Roonserver on i7 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Ergo IX

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Its not her album, its a compilation of tracks that the artist likes as are all the late night tales series.
    Exactly - curated by her, not by her (necessarily.) And many of them are fabulous. As a confirmed "chilled out wino" i've enjoyed many of them, a veritable "who's who" of my favourite artists. The Zero 7, Groove Armada and Air ones are particular favourites.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Edward.

Sorry to be a contrarian but I like this album. Agnes was originally introduced to me by one of my daughters. I listened to Late Night Tales in December last year and then promptly forgot about it. But just listened to it again now and remembered I liked it on the first listen. Many of the tracks are experimental (Agnes does various duos with others) and some interesting soundscapes are painted. She employs various techniques drawing on different styles (such as from Schnittke). Some tracks are a bit simplistic and most tracks are not toe tapping musical but overall the tracks hold together in an engaging way. Certainly not for background listening, I felt I needed to be drawn into the stories she tells. The title track (lasting 50 minutes) is a tour de force.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread