+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Public Service Broadcasting

I'm Andrew.

Default Public Service Broadcasting

Anyone into them? I watched them last night in Wakefield and can only say that they were bloody brilliant. They might be worth a listen If your your into the slightly more proggy side of things. Great brass section, plenty of humour, great crowd atmosphere, support act not that cracking but overall well worth the £20.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm mark.

I've been quite a fanboi, seen them a few times from (almost ) their beginnings. Highlight for me was Race for space at the Leicester space centre .

I guess they're entering to difficult phase as the novelty of using PSB's needs the right subject?
    P2270015 by mark leatherland, on Flickr

I'm Andrew.

Hmmmm you could b correct. But there are still years and years worth of PSB's out there. I'm predicting an album about either the development of the new motorway systems we have now or the threat of the four minute warning. Both subjects have plenty of 1950s type broadcasts.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Mike.

At the Proms this year they did a full set of The Race for Space album to commemorate the Moon Landing that was shown on the BBC.

YouTube version here:

https://youtu.be/s90Fa2kzEk0

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    At the Proms this year they did a full set of The Race for Space album to commemorate the Moon Landing that was shown on the BBC.

YouTube version here:

Yep and rather magnificent it is too!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Never seen them live but have 4 or 5 of their cd's which I always enjoy when I am in the mood for that type of thing.
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm David.

We have seen them a couple of times, once in Manchester and 1 of the nights in the working mens club in South Wales to release the Every Valley album.

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post

YouTube version here:

This is top notch. Takes an OK album and makes it a great live experience.

Pete

+ Reply to Thread