+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Integrated amp recommendations

I'm Steve.

I don't know why anybody hasn't mentioned Musical Fidelity. They make great integrateds and are plentiful. They have a house sound that seems to be approximating what you have described and are easy to sell on.
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Slawts View Post
    I don't know why anybody hasn't mentioned Musical Fidelity. They make great integrateds and are plentiful. They have a house sound that seems to be approximating what you have described and are easy to sell on.
    Well I'll mention Musical Fidelity. I think they've made some corkers over the years, and my brother's A3.2 integrated has done worked faultlessly for over 15 years now. Built like a tank and plenty of welly.

I think Musical Fidelity lost a few friends with their pricing policy, where they would initially charge full whack for their product, only to discount it heavily after just a few months. Which would be pretty annoying for early buyers. My brother bought his after they had been in production for maybe a year, the initial price was £1000, but he got it with the matching CD player for £1200.

No idea what it's like with their newer stuff though.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    I have owned literally dozens of integrateds, old and new, in the £500 - £1000 price range and the only one I would unreservedly recommend is the Denon PMA-850.

A real gem, very even handed, just gets out of the way and has all the bells and whistles.

Finding one, however ......
    I agree, obviously. 3 input, self adjusting phono stage, even handed and controls everything with aplomb. £700 in 1977 and has stayed in my system for years, surprising many a multi-thousand pound amplifier bake off visitor!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by yabadaba View Post
    Mike, any particular seller you'd recommend for the MP200? I've got a MP110 on my Rega 3 now, but fancy upgrading. Or, could even try it on my SL1200. Either way, I want one!

NB: Elex-R better in general with a vinyl source, though I do still prefer the FMJ A39. I don't think it's my perfect amp, but best I have at the moment. Will stick with it for a while and put some money into better cartridge (MP200) and possibly improving my DAC.
    I've bought from a few sellers based in Japan on Ebay, they've all been fine, I just do an Ebay search for the mp200 and choose the cheapest. Last one was this guy

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI...edbackAsSeller

I also buy replacement styli from there, only a £130 for MP200 replacement, change it yearly.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Paul.

The Marantz 1060 Japanese made integrated which can also be used as a pre/power amp with a killer phonostage as well.... People are really catching onto them now so getting more scarce and costly with a deserved reputation for sound.

Also, my loft listening room gets a little warm in the height of the summer months for class A/valve amplification and the 1060 is a joy to bring out.

My 10 cents worth and good luck.
    EMT 930ST
    Garrard 301/3009 MK1
    Micro Seiki MR-711/MA-202L
    Stax SRA-3S MM phono amplifier
    Nagra BPSv2 phonostage
    BigBottle BB3 Phonostage
    Telefunken Bv.42-01 Transformer
    Hashimoto HM-3 Transformer
    Braun CC4 Transformer
    Ortofon Spu Synergy
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze