+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMOS clock upgrade TC7535?

I'm Andy.

Default CMOS clock upgrade TC7535?

Hi has anyone had any experience of CMOS clock upgrade to the latest TC7535 which Stan has commented on that it is in fact several mods in one. It improves noise and jitter. I'm already using the Dorado. Just wondering what I can expect sound wise? Is it a big jump in sound quality/improvement?
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

I'm Lee.

I’ve had the super caps and clock upgrade,well worth the money,everything sounds more real after it.Where it really improved to me was bass guitar notes,Not depth or volume just the sense of what they are doing to the mx and how I could follow them easier.
    Cambridge audio cxc,CCA Spotify premium
    Beresford seg,dorado,supercap and clock mods
    Dcb1 750ma pre
    Quad QSP power
    Monitor Audio silver 8i
    Kimber powerkords,4vs speaker cable,pbj and Klotz mc5000 interconnects.

I'm Alastair.

It was certainly a big step-up in my SEG too.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeken View Post
    I’ve had the super caps and clock upgrade,well worth the money,everything sounds more real after it.Where it really improved to me was bass guitar notes,Not depth or volume just the sense of what they are doing to the mx and how I could follow them easier.
    That’s what I would have expected from using a better clock, mirrors my own experience when I’ve upgrade the clock or used an improved clock module in the likes of streamers and CD players.
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmltech View Post
    Hi has anyone had any experience of CMOS clock upgrade to the latest TC7535 which Stan has commented on that it is in fact several mods in one. It improves noise and jitter. I'm already using the Dorado. Just wondering what I can expect sound wise? Is it a big jump in sound quality/improvement?
    It wouldn't be worth my time to spend time taking the DAC apart, spending an hour or more removing and replacing parts, burning the new parts in overnight, and then spend another hour or more listening to the end result, unless there are benefits to doing all that.
    I have even started to experiment with a lower jitter clock made by Kyocera in Japan after running out of the one I used initially. The only downside is that I am having to write another set of firmware codes just to take advantage of the improved performance of the Kyocera clock. But it works just fine on the existing firmware.

Is there a big jump in sound quality/improvement? It depends on what you mean by big. The CMOS clock upgrade is more about improved timing, which improves the clarity of notes and delays in between notes. So you can more accurately hear which and how many strings a guitarist is striking on a classical guitar. Or which keys and how many of them a pianist is tapping on. Then there are those multi vocal mixed tracks where separation now makes it easier to distinguish between different vocal overlays or additional backing vocals. Recordings by Adele and Norah Jones are good example of where a better clock can make a difference in what you hear.

I'm Andy.

Hi Stanley
    Many thanks for taking the time to respond, a very good description of the differences. If I send you the Caimen do I need to put any reference on the outside box (obviously I will put a note inside the box with my name and address and why Im sending it to you etc)? Will you need the Dorado or power supply returned with the unit?

I can pick up from you in London when ready :-)

Thanks

Andrew
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

I'm callum.

Hi I have the Caiman Seg and the Dorado PSU, is it possible to get the super caps and clock upgrade and if so how much? thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by audio88 View Post
    Hi I have the Caiman Seg and the Dorado PSU, is it possible to get the super caps and clock upgrade and if so how much? thank you.
    Sure you can . It's £55 including return postage. PM or better still email me so that we can arrange the best schedule and least amount of time that the DAC is away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmltech View Post
    Hi Stanley
    Many thanks for taking the time to respond, a very good description of the differences. If I send you the Caimen do I need to put any reference on the outside box (obviously I will put a note inside the box with my name and address and why Im sending it to you etc)? Will you need the Dorado or power supply returned with the unit?

I can pick up from you in London when ready :-)

Thanks

Andrew
    Hi Andrew, put a note in the box with your address. Without that piece of paper in the box I don't know who the DAC belongs to when it gets to me.
    I don't need the Dorado. I only need the SEG.

Stan

I'm callum.

Just got my seg upgraded clock and cap's, very happy with the sound better soundstage music sounds even more real listening to fiveforfighting sounds amazing well worth the upgrade take's a already amazing dac to another level.
    And once again fantastic speedy service and delivery thank you so much stan.
    Last edited by audio88; 22-09-2019 at 18:39.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast