+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from littlestwoo

I'm Lawrence.

I was going to bring up the speakers but didn't want to scare Steve off

If he likes Castles I think a nice pair of Harlechs or even Howards are the logical next step

If they're too big I heard a pair of Chesters (transmission lines) the other day and, although the drivers were distorting a little, I could hear they were very nice speakers as I expected.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I was going to bring up the speakers but didn't want to scare Steve off

If he likes Castles I think a nice pair of Harlechs or even Howards are the logical next step

If they're too big I heard a pair of Chesters (transmission lines) the other day and, although the drivers were distorting a little, I could hear they were very nice speakers as I expected.

The Severns are already to big according to Mrs Littkestwoo ;-)

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

My strategy in the past was to get some ridiculously large speakers and then agree to sell them and get something a bit more suitable. But still substantially larger than the ones I started off with

If you don't want to go through all that hassle maybe a trip to a dealer and start looking at some of the big ones before settling on what you really want. Alternatively a trip to a member here with some big speakers will help put yours into context.

I'm Steve.

Fortunately I really like theSeverns, look very classy and have got a weighty and revealing sound. When Mrs Littlestwoo decided that the TDLs where to ugly I immediately set about finding a set of castles which happened to be a little larger in height and depth.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Exploring the sonic efficiency of folage

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

They're bigger than I thought. Look like they have the port in the base like the Howards I used to have. Which TDLs did you have? I rather liked the Studio series.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    They're bigger than I thought. Look like they have the port in the base like the Howards I used to have. Which TDLs did you have? I rather liked the Studio series.

I had TDL RTL 2's, the single driver version (the bigger ones had 2 mid/bass cones), given that they where never very expensive stpeakers they have good sound, bass was excellent (transmission line cabinet) for such a small floor standers. These have more moved on to my friend's system
    You're right about the Castles, port at the bottom and the speaker sits on its own plinth.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12