+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: She Lives In Rio...

I'm Justin.

Dunno yet only just got here. Personally I will be in that pool every day. I was a keen swimmer and swam for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield in my day.

Breakfast coffee was crap. The chef is going to source local Rio sausage and bacon for tomorrow.

Metal bass, though. Metallica laterz...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice one. If you like swimming, enjoy. It'll be fun against that beautiful backdrop

Can you 'escape', lol, from that (what looks like) a complex of some sort and get into the (obviously safe) areas of the town? If so, that's what I'd be doing, and mingling with the locals in their restaurants, as that's usually where you'll find the most authentic food.

Anyway, if you get a chance, post some piccies on the food thread of your chef's creations!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Was a swimmer in the day myself. It never leaves you, although you do, dare i say, slow down to a crawl
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Was a swimmer in the day myself. It never leaves you, although you do, dare i say, slow down to a crawl
    Lol... Swimming is extremely popular, as are pools, but just not things that have ever floated my boat (or Del's), including sailing, surfing or any other 'water sports' [no I'm not going there on this thread]. or beaches. We're more 'land'/countryside, hills and mountains people.

Don't get me wrong, we love the seaside, but only as far as walking along a lovely quiet sandy beach, preferably at sunset on a warm summer's evening, and Del likes collecting shells and unusual stones, twigs, etc, from which she makes some cool things. And I can imagine such walks being quite an experience on the beaches in Rio!

So hopefully Justers will get to do that, and maybe crash a beach party/BBQ or two, where the locals are enjoying some quality ganja

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... Swimming is extremely popular, as are pools, but just not things that have ever floated my boat (or Del's), including sailing, surfing or any other 'water sports' [no I'm not going there on this thread]. or beaches. We're more 'land'/countryside, hills and mountains people.

Don't get me wrong, we love the seaside, but only as far as walking along a lovely quiet sandy beach, preferably at sunset on a warm summer's evening, and Del likes collecting shells and unusual stones, twigs, etc, from which she makes some cool things. And I can imagine such walks being quite an experience on the beaches in Rio!

So hopefully Justers will get to do that, and maybe crash a beach party/BBQ or two, where the locals are enjoying some quality ganja

Marco.
    I was a race swimmer when young. swam in Scottish championships on telly I did
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol... Was Duncan Goodhew your hero? Bet you were into wearing the skimpiest of trunks

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... Was Duncan Goodhew your hero? Bet you were into wearing the skimpiest of trunks

Marco.
    I had stopped before he became famous. yes, I wore skimpy speedos.. orange ones was talk of me going to the commonwealth games but I stopped swimming. got fed up of 6hrs a day in pool.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol... Not surprised. I'd be bored after about an hour, doing it just once!

Anyway, I'm trying to mentally block out the image you've painted of those Speedos, as I'm just about to tuck into some pulled pork!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Hey u was a superb hunk physically in those days
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yes, I believe that the West Lothian ladeez of a 'certain age' still have your poster on their wall!

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast