+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: She Lives In Rio...

I'm Grant.

Think its a great place to visit.. Wish i'd done it when younger....
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Think its a great place to visit.
    Absolutely, although if I'd been old enough to appreciate it, I'd love to have seen it in the 60s or 70s

Justers, did you visit here at all: https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/parque-lage

Looks like it'd be a cool place to spend some time.

Marco.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Anyway Roy-boy, enjoy your holiday, and most of all stay safe!
    Cheers Marco. I'm ready for this break, retirement is so tiring.

(and if anyone was worried I managed to decide on just 7 watches to take with me. I may well bring 8 back though )

I'm Grant.

must be a bugger for folk with only one
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Cheers Marco. I'm ready for this break, retirement is so tiring.
    Yes, I find that too... Deciding on which pub to go to for lunch can be so stressful......!

Take plenty of pics when you're there and tell me what the coconuts, pineapples and bananas taste like!

Marco.

Anyway, Justers, next time you fancy South America for a holiday, check out Cuba and tell me what it's like: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Guide-...4519-Cuba.html

Now *that* has always been one place I've loved to visit!

Marco,

I'm sorted.

Yes, I find that too... Deciding on which pub to go to for lunch can be so stressful!!

Take plenty of pics when you're there and tell me what the coconuts, pineapples and bananas taste like!

Marco.
    Will do

I'm most looking forward to trying the rum punch again

Yeah baby, that'll no doubt be knockout!

Marco.

I'm Justin.

Lol - the *only* thing that matters dude, is that you guys had a ball! What we think about any of it is irrelevant.

Marco.
    Just stating the facts to clear up any miscomprehension implied by your post, dude, that's all.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post

Sorry Marco, I'm sure Wrexham is great (appears to have it's own micro climate anyway).

Off to Barbados on Tuesday, been difficult deciding what watches to take.
    Raise a thread in it Roy. Love to see some pics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast