+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Edingdale floorstanding Speakers, cherry finish.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Toppsy View Post
    Different midbass drivers, later version of the pseudo ribbon tweeter, new OX, changed port tuning, cabinet redesign to accommodate slighter larger frame size of the new 6 1/2" midbase drivers. Want me to go on? Basically a totally redesigned speaker but to maintain to as best we could the sound and presence of the originals as possible.
    Oh, a fair bit then. I haven't read much about them other than the opinion pieces on AoS so wondered if it was a case of different drivers etc.

Thanks.

I'm Simon.

Gary you are a star, Thankyou again and good luck with the sale.

I'm Brian.

I've heard most versions of the Edingdales and the MK1s are the ones to have IMO . They're the original and best , and are very audibly superior to everything that followed . The buyer is making a big mistake here in my opinion . Gary's MK1s are in excellent condition , and have been offered here at a very good price
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    I've heard most versions of the Edingdales and the MK1s are the ones to have IMO . They're the original and best , and are very audibly superior to everything that followed . The buyer is making a big mistake here in my opinion . Gary's MK1s are in excellent condition , and have been offered here at a very good price
    If I didn't already have my Tannoys these would have definitely been on my radar. I know Tony (weeteecee) loves his pair and he has a good ear.

I'm Drew.

Very interesting indeed Brian. I haven't heard the other versions but will be sticking with my MK1s.

I'm James.

I can concour with you Brian having heard these speakers myself.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Nigel.

I have a very early pair of mk1 Edingdales and I love them. The very last version, the GT is very good, only one set exist, these are Colin’s, if I recall correctly.

I would buy gazjam’s pair if I had the space, if only for spares.

Somebody really needs to snap these up, they don’t become available that often. I would be more than happy to help with any transportation issues if this helps any buyer.

I'm Greg.

Any chance to listen to these anywhere closer to London?

I'm Gary.

Fraid not Amigo, Im up in Glasgow.
    Fair question though.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

Sale put on on hold for a short while...
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast