+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Edingdale floorstanding Speakers, cherry finish.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppsy View Post
    Gaz,
    you have a couple of emails from me sent via the forum. Can you please phone me on my mobile (number given in email correspondence) ASAP please.

Norman,
    got your PM. Will respond to you once I have had a chance to chat with Gaz.
    Regards
    Colin
    Nothing received Colin.
    Its ok, sell away.

Had a text from my potential buyer, who has been speaking with you about buying your Edingdale SRs.

Quote:
    ”Tried to phone for a chat as have done something bad.
    Responded to Colin’s post on his speakers, particularly the SR’s.
    I can have the SR’s which are oak and much closer.”

My own Edingdales now back up for Sale.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Nothing received Colin.
    Its ok, sell away.

Had a text from my potential buyer, who has been speaking with you about buying your Edingdale SRs.

Quote:
    ”Tried to phone for a chat as have done something bad.
    Responded to Colin’s post on his speakers, particularly the SR’s.
    I can have the SR’s which are oak and much closer.”

My own Edingdales now back up for Sale.
    Oh, I suppose the opportunity of the SR couldn't be missed.
    Last edited by Bigman80; 09-09-2019 at 07:39.

I'm Simon.

Default Edingdales

I am the guilty person and fully accept this is very bad form and not something I normally do, especially to people on this forum and was so keen on Gary's and he is a top bloke , the main issue for me is the wife she isn't happy anyway and if I was to have speakers wanted oak ( after decorating, new carpets ,sofas and picking up oak sideboard on Saturday). I explained rare as hens teeth etc and following a lot of creeping she grudgingly accepted. Then Colin posted his post and I put everyone in a dilemma , not only letting Gary down but also putting Colin in a very awkward position as last thing he imagined happening he also has a lot of respect for Gary .
    In my weak defence Colin's are oak , sr edingdales and logistically easier.
    Sorry again
    Simon

I'm Grant.

if i sell my vinyl and rig i might be in with a chance then.. sure they will be snapped up very soon.. and yep, gary is a gem..one in a googoplex
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Greg.

I haven't heard any of these, but they seem to get stellar reviews from anybody who has heard them.

I like hi-efficiency speakers. I run my humble made Troels' C17s which are pretty damn good I can only Collin's speakers will have even nicer low end (more membrane area, less excursion, less distortion).

You guys seem to be all in the North. What are the chances/cost of getting any of these to London?

I'm Gary.

No worries Simon, all good mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    I am the guilty person and fully accept this is very bad form and not something I normally do, especially to people on this forum and was so keen on Gary's and he is a top bloke , the main issue for me is the wife she isn't happy anyway and if I was to have speakers wanted oak ( after decorating, new carpets ,sofas and picking up oak sideboard on Saturday). I explained rare as hens teeth etc and following a lot of creeping she grudgingly accepted. Then Colin posted his post and I put everyone in a dilemma , not only letting Gary down but also putting Colin in a very awkward position as last thing he imagined happening he also has a lot of respect for Gary .
    In my weak defence Colin's are oak , sr edingdales and logistically easier.
    Sorry again
    Simon
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Colin.

I should mention that I have 1-pair the original MKI midbass drivers that are NOS and in their original box, should anyone considering buying Gaza's speakers and feel a reluctance to buy due to unavailable replacement drivers should the worst happens and a driver goes down or damaged. I will keep these spare drivers safe and in storage so any potential purchaser knows they are available. The pseudo ribbon tweeters are still available.

At the price Gaza is asking these speakers are a veritable bargain.

NOTE to moderators.
    Any chance you can change my Monica to say simply 'member' since I am no longer a trader and still wish to remain a general non trading member of the forum.

Bigman80 Guest

I should mention that I have 1-pair the original MKI midbass drivers that are NOS and in their original box, should anyone considering buying Gaza's speakers and feel a reluctance to buy due to unavailable replacement drivers should the worst happens and a driver goes down or damaged. I will keep these spare drivers safe and in storage so any potential purchaser knows they are available. The pseudo ribbon tweeters are still available.

At the price Gaza is asking these speakers are a veritable bargain.

NOTE to moderators.
    Any chance you can change my Monica to say simply 'member' since I am no longer a trader and still wish to remain a general non trading member of the forum.
    What's the difference between the Mk1 and MK2?

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    What's the difference between the Mk1 and MK2?
    Different midbass drivers, later version of the pseudo ribbon tweeter, new OX, changed port tuning, cabinet redesign to accommodate slighter larger frame size of the new 6 1/2" midbase drivers. Want me to go on? Basically a totally redesigned speaker but to maintain to as best we could the sound and presence of the originals as possible.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

INOTE to moderators.
    Done! Hope you're keeping well, Colin, and nice to see you here

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast