+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: FS: Edingdale floorstanding Speakers, cherry finish.

I'm Martin.

Thinking of partnering them with the Impulse H2 apropos achieving surround sound?
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Rohan.

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

My Eddingdales back up for sale after coffee and contemplation.

Price reduction too, first and final one, down to 800.
    Collection only from just outside Glasgow.

Grab a bargain folks whilst you can, call it a Christmas present to you and the Mrs.

These are the Mk1’s which a few folk on here have said we’re the best sounding, and having heard versions 2 and 3 can’t disagree.
    I picked these up from new for 1500, they have the revised/improved crossover fitted.
    They got it right with this one, it’s where all the effort went in initially, and didn’t just change due to drive unit unavailability.
    * I think a couple of the OEM drive units are available from Colin Topps, the designer, if you need spares.

Superb sounding speakers, very fluent in all the usual hifi superlatives and punch way WAY above their weight.

Thanks.
    Gaz.
    Enjoy Hifi n stuff.

I'm Lawrence.

From the above it sounds like the buyer will benefit from Simon's decision to pull out and buy the inferior later model. That one was an attempt to get closer to the magic of the first version when the drivers became unobtanium.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    From the above it sounds like the buyer will benefit from Simon's decision to pull out and buy the inferior later model. That one was an attempt to get closer to the magic of the first version when the drivers became unobtanium.
    Not sure where all this talk of the later model being inferior is coming from as it isn't.

I have heard the originals on many occasions and own the SRs.

The Mk 1's are great speakers as are the SRs.

They're both voiced slightly differently but essentially share the same sound signature.

I'd be happy with either...

GLWTS, I somehow have a feeling you may at some point regret selling them though and the buyer will have bagged a bargain...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Agreed.

All versions sound terrific though, and are way above imo anything commercial at the price.
    Just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by Gazjam; Yesterday at 14:18.
    Enjoy Hifi n stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678