+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Edingdale floorstanding Speakers, cherry finish.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Gary.

Default FS: Edingdale floorstanding Speakers, cherry finish.

Had these about 5 years from new, these are the original Mk 1 versions purchased directly from Colin Topps, the designer.
    These speakers were designed with the input of the DIY hifi guys over on the Audio Talk forum, very clever technical bunch over there and many of the guys there were involved in developing it.
    Has a ribbon tweeter with an L-Pad which lets you dial in the treble to suit your room.
    A rock solid, deep tight bass and room filling soundstage, the Eddingdales are very special sounding speakers.
    Cost me £1500 new, commercial for this sound quality you'd be looking 8K, and I'm not just saying that.

In cherry finish, they sit on black spiked plinths.
    In great condition, much loved and well looked after.
    Some very minor small cracks in the the veneer from the wood settling over time, can't really be seen and actually add character to the wood!
    Annoyingly, which just happened when I was moving the Eddie's out the listening room, theres a tiny ding in the veneer at the rear top lhs corner.
    Again, cant really be seen unless your looking for it...and its at the top back corner of the speaker so can't be seen.

These are very big, heavy speakers so a nightmare to ship, so collection preferred from Near Glasgow.

I'm looking for £850 for these.
    Thanks.

Demo of the speakers to give you an idea what they are all about.

And the Speakers from the listening chair...
    (excuse the hairy knee...it was Summer!)
    Last edited by Gazjam; 02-09-2019 at 04:34.

+ Reply to Thread