+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi

I'm Doug.

Default Hi

Hi all

Just a quick intro.

I've been an audiophile since my early teens (now late 30s, just). While my system caters for both music and movies, music is more important (well, I'm more critical of hi-fi performance).

My current system is quite movies focused though. Five M&K Sound speakers, two M&K subwoofers, and a NAD AVR. I'm currently rejigging my system though, to move more towards a music focused system.

Music tastes are eclectic, but generally if it's guitar-based I'll like it. Currently listening to slightly heavier rock than usual, on account of my favourite metal band (Tool) having finally released another album!

I'm Geoff.

Hello Doug. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find this a friendly place. There's a lot going on, so just join in the chat and get to know everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Doug.

Thanks Geoff!

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Martin.

Hi Geoff, welcome to AoS

I'm a big fan of M&K, they are quality speakers. I wouldn't be too hasty in moving them on if I was you.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Doug.

I have no direct experience of M&K speakers, but I believe they are often used in recording studios: so obviously are high quality designs.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Doug.

Thanks all for the kind welcome!

Regarding the M&Ks: they are excellent speakers. Very clean, detailed sound. While they're aimed more at an AV market than hi-fi consumers, I've found they're excellent with music. If one favours clean, dynamic, warts n' all sound, they're great. Obviously they need support from a competent sub or two, but I'd argue most speakers benefit from that. The only reason I'm moving them on is they're on-wall speakers and I've moved to a new house where that simply won't work.

+ Reply to Thread