+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mordaunt-Short MS 600

I'm Edward.

The MS600 appears in a Jan 1971 edition of Practical Wireless. Discounted to £45 from £57 15/0. See page 781

https://www.americanradiohistory.com...PW-1971-01.pdf
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    The MS600 appears in a Jan 1971 edition of Practical Wireless. Discounted to £45 from £57 15/0. See page 781

Thanks Edward a mine of information, there's also an early chip amp on p778 and a dimmer switch on 780, didn't know they made either so early.

I wonder if the 600 was a development of the Arundel made before Mr Short joined forces with Mr Mordaunt.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

They were probably an old stock clearance, as the MS 700 came onto the market around 1970 and I doubt they'd have run two models side by side using 12" drivers with ribbons. And yes, I believe 1970 was about the time the company was renamed and became Mordaunt Short.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Thanks Edward a mine of information, there's also an early chip amp on p778 and a dimmer switch on 780, didn't know they made either so early.

I wonder if the 600 was a development of the Arundel made before Mr Short joined forces with Mr Mordaunt.

amazingly the first class d amp was in 50's... first commercial one was from Clive Sinclair in '64
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    amazingly the first class d amp was in 50's... first commercial one was from Clive Sinclair in '64
    That's the one shown. Not as successful as the ZX80/81 and Spectrum but probably moreso than the C5

I'm Edward.

Interesting looking at such old magazines and the stuff available then. Saw John Redmond, the father of a close friend, being mentioned. He worked for the beeb for many years.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of the MS speakers Dan found.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

the 57 quid speakers would be close to £700 at todays prices.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    the 57 quid speakers would be close to £700 at todays prices.
    The complete stereo system on page 706 ('famous' Garrard Sp25, Viscount FET Mk1 amplifier and Duo type 2 speakers) for £41 translates to £569.28 today.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Ah yes. The clatter of an SP25 arm auto returning, very nostalgic.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Interesting looking at such old magazines and the stuff available then.
    The world of postal orders, cut out coupons and stamped, self addressed envelopes. Hard to believe it ever even existed now.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast