+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IC: DCB1 Turbo 1.2A Preamp.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bigman80 Guest

Default IC: DCB1 Turbo 1.2A Preamp.

Hi all,

Initial put up as an Interest check.

I've been giving some thought to putting a BigBottle phonostage PCB inside the DCB1 listed here.

All is OK in terms of space etc BUT I discovered that when I fitted the extension bars for the Khozmo and the Elna switch, I had to make the holes in the face plate a little bigger to fit the sleeve they require.

I don't believe I can get a tight enough grip on the Khozmo now, as I need to take the bars out to fit the PCB.

So, rather than piss about with it and possibly end up no further forward, I thought I'd see if anyone wants to buy this one and I'll make another one to accommodate the changes.

Inside the Box:

DCB1 PCB with Dale resistors and Audio Note Tantalums in the most important positions, plus more.

Obbligato Gold capacitors

Spotfire wire.

Elma selector switch

Toroidy Transformer

Upgraded MUR120s (I think that's the number lol)

Silver solder on EVERYTHING

Running at 1.2A, thus qualifies as the 'Turbo' version and probably as high as you can go with one PCB before it melts lol

The DCB1 was given the final once over by Firebottle when it was finished.

As far as preamps are concerned, this has seen off everything that has visited here or been put up against it. It really is a class act.

The price is set only so its possible to build another to this exact same spec, as I found it to be superior to other specs Steve and I tried.

£650 collected.

Delivery is now an option. To be quoted individually!

I may negotiate a little but not much.

All response by PM pls.
    Last edited by Bigman80; 17-10-2019 at 17:33.

+ Reply to Thread