+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iPad earphones

I'm ahto.

Default iPad earphones

apologies if this should prove to be well-trodden ground. I find myself every now and then listening to Tidal (hifi strength) on an iPad with the simplest of earpods. I suspect there are better-sounding alternatives. I'd be grateful for any informed suggestions.
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

My favourite in ear phones for the past couple of years have been Sony MDR-EX450AP - usually around 30 quid on Amazon, and as long as you don’t mind wires (they have a 3.5mm jack) surprisingly good. I’ve lost too many pairs of headphones to justify spending much more! Tell you what, buy a pair, and if you’re not happy with them I’ll buy them off you for what you pay for them - no risk guarantee!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by eksiil View Post
    apologies if this should prove to be well-trodden ground. I find myself every now and then listening to Tidal (hifi strength) on an iPad with the simplest of earpods. I suspect there are better-sounding alternatives. I'd be grateful for any informed suggestions.
    I would look for an Audioquest DragonFly Black or Red (Red is better) and the Apple lightning to USB adaptor. That will give you an excellent set up for super headphone listening in a fairly simple plug and play way. With a mini jack to two phono adapator you can also hook the ipad/AudioQuest DragonFly up to your hifi as well, works well.

The DragonFly Red drives headphone well too.

Here are my experiences with it....

http://www.adventuresinhifiaudio.com...ve-super-star/
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Lots of ways, some expensive. I think Alex, s idea is decent. If wires bother you then go Bluetooth.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by eksiil View Post
    Just to make a few concrete suggestions ..

I have used earbud type phones for yonks with iPad and iPhone - the first ones I had being a pair of Apple own brand that were actually very good.
    Oldest ones I still have are a pair of low end wired Sennheiser (the model number escapes me) - sound great and at least ten years old, so they were built to last

Most recent are a pair of (Scottish made) RHS MA650 - Bluetooth, good but short battery life - £41.99 on offer:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/RHA-MA650-A.../dp/B074QQC5CT

(oops - these are the Android version, mine are for Mac)

Also a pair of wired Lindy Chromo following an AoS recommendation - very cheap at £12.99 but actually quite good:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-20381.../dp/B00A8MEJNY

Most important thing is making sure you have the tips most suited to your ears both in terms of fit and material - I've found it can make a hell of a difference to the sound.
    Last edited by mikmas; 31-08-2019 at 09:50. Reason: info added

I'm ahto.

many thanks to all, will start exploring.

cheers

ahto
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm steve.

Default iPad earphones

Take a look at the range of KZ IEMs they have something for all tastes and pockets. I have some of the KZ ES4s which are at the budget end(£15) which I find excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Christian.

I tend to use Shure IEM

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedroog View Post
    I tend to use Shure IEM
    +1 for Shure SE series: more you pay the better they get and they use detachable cords so can readily be converted to Bluetooth

+ Reply to Thread