+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A "Allo Katana Story"

I'm Peter.

Default A "Allo Katana Story"

Perhaps, something you may be interested in or not.

Seven months with the fabulous Katana DAC. (Faultless) and then overheated and trashed all the boards.

Can't quite work it out apart from the night on severe lightning. ( Which might have attributed to the issue.

In true Allo support, only too happy to try to resolve the issue, and sent a new MCU board, as they thought the 15v rail was trashed. Duly connected and lasted less than two minutes before getting soo hot it couldn't be touched.

Apparently, now to the opamp boards.... Two more boards sent THD & SQ and another MCU.

I gave in at this point..... Trashing boards by the minute....

However, got to give Allo credit for trying. (Although my house could had burnt down during this process.

Anyway, the final resolve was a complete replacement..... FOC

Arrived today... Just perfect.

Allo should be credited for their effort in trying to resolve a problem.... After all, it's not that I'm just down the road..!!!!!!

Yer don't often get customer service like this from UK companies, let alone from companies half way round the world.

A happy ending indeed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Well done Allo, great service.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Well done Allo, great service.
    Ali, I'm still gobsmacked by this Little DAC... I know I got the Myteck from your good self and still my favourite. But Hells teeth this little DAC is something spectacular. Price for price, I mean sound quality is outstanding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread