+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Thorens Td160 Super plinth

I'm Matt.

It would be interesting to know which alignment it lines up with, it does look rather odd.

I'm Dee.

Can we please stop focusing on solving a problem that doesn’t exist..I have always been aware of the limitations of the head shell and if people had read the thread in full instead of picking up midstream they would have seen I explained it’s a gift .. it’s not a problem for me .. normal duties carried out with Sme headshell and shure v15 111.As for comments from other members it doesn’t matter whether they are positive or negative.. to each his own. But the manner in which they are delivered and their purpose is crucial .Contributions from Struth and Mikey b. sought to assist and were I believe in the spirit of this forum.. read #13
    I objected to Tim’s comments not because of the content but because of the delivery.. I found his tone haughty...superior..mocking and snide..So Matt I hope that clears things up for you..
    Cheers Dee
    Last edited by Papa Dee; 08-09-2019 at 10:41.

I'm Dee.

Hi Phil.... thanks for the post...they happen to be the exact ones I’ve been using on my previous
    plinth....and you’re right they do work well...adding focus and definition especially to the bass.

I'm phil.

Yes I agree I’ve tried several types of feet and spikes but for me these are the best by quite along way which is great considering the cost.
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dee View Post
    Can we please stop focusing on solving a problem that doesn’t exist.
    I'm afraid that is not right. There is a problem. If you choose not to acknowledge it, fine, it's your deck. But there is no way your cartridge can be tracking properly, as that headshell has incorrect geometry for the arm, meaning that the cartridge is off proper alignment by a large degree. Which is what members were trying to advise you of.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dee.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm afraid that is not right. There is a problem. If you choose not to acknowledge it, fine, it's your deck. But there is no way your cartridge can be tracking properly, as that headshell has incorrect geometry for the arm, meaning that the cartridge is off proper alignment by a large degree. Which is what members were trying to advise you of.
    Hi Geoff your guilty of the issue I’m trying to alleviate...I have never failed to acknowledge the incorrect geometry of that particular setup and have explained my reasons for its use..Please read the thread in full.When I say it’s not a problem I mean I have always been aware of the misalignment hence advice to correct it is not needed.I did ask that the thread be read in full before responding .Its like telling someone
    their sweaters too big and they say I know..but it’s a present and you don’t want to cause offence by never
    wearing it....I’ve gone to lengths to clarify the situation and I hope you and I aren’t going to fall out over this post...Thanks Dee

Bigman80 Guest

Geoff has said what you've just said.

Your alignment (in this picture) is wrong.

You dont care, you are using a gift from a friend.

Members were pointing it out believing they were helping.

You are aware of the issue but have no desire to correct it because you use an SME headshell which is fit for purpose, so there is no issue on a daily basis.

The photo you shared was for aesthetic purposes.

That's about it, ye?

I'm Dee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Geoff has said what you've just said.

Your alignment (in this picture) is wrong.

You dont care, you are using a gift from a friend.

Members were pointing it out believing they were helping.

You are aware of the issue but have no desire to correct it because you use an SME headshell which is fit for purpose, so there is no issue on a daily basis.

The photo you shared was for aesthetic purposes.

That's about it, ye?
    Bang on ...simples ... Thanks

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dee View Post
    Bang on ...simples ... Thanks
    Excellent.

Now that's sorted,

Beautiful looking turntable. I hope you enjoy it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234