+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling on eBay

I'm Ken.

The problem with all shipping is that the contract is with the sender, not the receiver, so it is the sellers responsibility to sort any problems out, even when it is offshore.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Pet hate UK sellers blocking other parts of the UK. In my opinion its as likely to get destroyed going from your house a few miles up the road as it is coming to me in NI. Pack it right and its not an issue.

NI is part of the United Kingdom, postage here, using parcel force or the post office costs the same as any other part of the UK. I hate that NI is being discriminated as I am sure Scottish people also dislike.

I will be frank, its discrimantory and retail law is now clamping down on charging more (when it costs no more) or excluding other parts of the UK. Private sellers aren't covered, I think they should be.

Collection only sales are also a pet hate of mine, but those who didn't bother keeping packing or not capable of packing, those I will concede the not posting, so therefore excluding highlands, islands and NI.

Not wanting to sell outside of the UK/ or Ireland I can understand. I think the Ebay sellers settings allow you to prevent bidding from areas you don't want to sell to.
    Discriminatory?

Get a life.

FYI you can't, under current definitions, be discriminated against based on where you live, however I'm sure if enough snowflakes start crying about not getting their own way it will become an imprisonable offence.

I can’t get mains gas or fibre broadband where I live is that discrimination? Not at all, its a service provider choosing not to offer their service in my area.
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Steve.

We used to have a dog which, when walking him, would usually do a dump at the end of next door's drive just before we got back home. I never got any of the other neighbours complaining "Where's our turd?"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Edward.

Other than small value items I'm prepared to take the hit on I don't send anything on ebay sales Always cash on collection and I insist the buyer leaves 5* ebay feedback before s/he takes the goods away.

Happy to have buyers arrange their own courier done via other sites - but not for ebay sales.

I have had a few far eastern buyers who register via a UK collection point (e.g. big yellow), buy an item and then insist I send to the UK point even when I clearly stated Cash on Collection. Pain having to reverse everything, get ebay to cancel seller's fees and then having to relist.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Discriminatory?

Get a life.

FYI you can't, under current definitions, be discriminated against based on where you live, however I'm sure if enough snowflakes start crying about not getting their own way it will become an imprisonable offence.

I can’t get mains gas or fibre broadband where I live is that discrimination? Not at all, its a service provider choosing not to offer their service in my area.
    Saying you will sell to the UK, but then excluding other parts of the UK is in my view discriminatory. Thats my view and no doubt others as well, and I am sticking to that opinion.
    Regards Neil

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Saying you will sell to the UK, but then excluding other parts of the UK is in my view discriminatory. Thats my view and no doubt others as well, and I am sticking to that opinion.
    Is it ok if you don't claim to sell to the UK?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12