+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MusicBee - Hidden Gem?

Bigman80 Guest

Default MusicBee - Hidden Gem?

Hi all,

Been using MusicBee for about 24 hours and it's currently driving my Allo Boss via Volumio.

I have been using Jriver to do this but found at times things sounded a little etched, especially at 32/96

I found this software by accident and set it up to work in the same way as Jriver did. However I am finding 32/96 sounds far meatier than with Jriver.

Any idea why that would bee? Lol, see what I did there lol

I'm Grant.

Audirvana sounds different to jriver too. Probably to do with algorithms. Isn't everything

Must confess not tried music bee, certainly for a while if at all. Got a feeling I tried it once and it didn't work well.
    There is an American one too but it was similar in getting it to work. Ammara or something like that.
    Jriver is all singing but audirvana sounds a bit better.

Ps I edited the title.. It was annoying me lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Audirvana sounds different to jriver too. Probably to do with algorithms. Isn't everything

Must confess not tried music bee, certainly for a while if at all. Got a feeling I tried it once and it didn't work well.
    There is an American one too but it was similar in getting it to work. Ammara or something like that.
    Jriver is all singing but audirvana sounds a bit better.

Ps I edited the title.. It was annoying me lol
    Haha, what did I put?

I'm Grant.

Jem, , which reminded me of the kid in to kill a mockingbird
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Interesting, and its free. I wonder what the catch is? Free often means something hidden or that comes later that requires payment, or ads.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

None that Im aware of. Its freeware
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Jem, , which reminded me of the kid in to kill a mockingbird
    Good grief. Lol, I need flogging.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Interesting, and its free. I wonder what the catch is? Free often means something hidden or that comes later that requires payment, or ads.
    I can't see any hidden features that need a subscription of any kind. There may be something but apart from just listening, I haven't delved too far into it

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I can't see any hidden features that need a subscription of any kind. There may be something but apart from just listening, I haven't delved too far into it
    I will give it ago, thanks for the heads up.
    Regards Neil

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    I will give it ago, thanks for the heads up.
    No worries!

I am upsampling to 32/96 and its awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast